4. Then Why Can't I

Start from the beginning

~ Flashback End ~

"Amy..." I interrupted from my thoughts when I heard Mom's voice.

"Yes mom"

"I was called you 5-6 times, why didn't you answer??"

"Sorry mom I didn't hear you." I said & pressed lips into thin line.

"You are acting weird since yesterday!"

"Yesterday!" I said in high voice raising my brows.

Mom raised her brows in confusion.

"I.im.thinking since yesterday about what you told me. Yesterday." I tried to cover up my lie. & a smile curled on mom's lips.

"But, did Ashley said something to you?"

"Ashley! No.., does she have something to say?"

"Mhm... No Mom. I was just wondering, how is she feeling here. I mean she doesn't talk to us since we shifted here." Again I was lying by it was telling truth either, I mean I care for Ashley. After all she is my babysis.

"Hmm k I'll talk to her." She said & I gave her a smile.

I made my way to my room.

I didn't want to lie to you Mom, but these days everyone is keeping secrets, Then Why Can't I

.
.
.

Anne's POV:

After talking to Amy, i was about to go to my bed. But then I saw Ashley sitting on dining table, looking depressed.

"Ashley!" My voice made her jump.

"Mom!" She stood up looking at me confusingly.

"What's wrong Ash?"

"Nothing, why didn't you sleep yet?"

"I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Are you happy here?" She shifted her gaze at her foot at this questions.

"I miss dad." She said & I nodded.

"But then I hate him more." She said after looking up at me.

"Ashley what happened??? "

"I called Dad."

"&"

"He was with Her."

"Oh Ashley!" I hugged her & started rubbing her back.

"Look, I wanna tell you something." I said after a few minutes & she nodded still hugging me.

We both sat on chairs.

"Look whatever happened with me & your dad, was not his choice, it was our choice.

" But he cheated you. "

"No!!! He just realized that he doesn't wanna be with me anymore.

& so did I...

He's your father Ashley, he loves you, always did always will."

"Yea mom" she said wiping her tears.

" Go..., talk to him." I said, voice barely above than a whisper.

.
.
.

Amy's POV:

I was on my bed, in half asleep, but suddenly I jumped when I heard a voice which I guessed came from out of the window. First i thought maybe it is a cat or else. But then I got scared when I saw a shadow on my window, it was a human's shadow, not a cat's or something else's.

Jumping out of my bed, I held my guitar for defiance. I mean if it was a thief or what.

I opened the window slowly, to see no one was there. I got my head out of the window. & took glance of everywhere. But no one was there. I sighed.

Maybe it was my dream or imagination I thought in my mind.

.
.
.

Ashley's POV:

After talking to mom I was feeling much better now. I grabbed my phone & dialed dad's number.

"Hello!! Anne is it you??"

"No, dad it's me" I answered in a low voice.

"Ashley..!!" He said in surprised tone.

"Where are you?? How are you?? You guys just left without inform me...!! & why didn't you call me yet??"

"You didn't call either!" I spat

"Well I didn't have your new numbers. How am I supposed to call without numbers." I realized my mistake.

"I miss you dad!" I said my eyes watery.

"I miss you too Ash."

"I wish you were here."

"Hey.., I'm right here."

"What!!! You are here!!!"

"I mean in your heart.:)" A small smile curled on my lips.

& we talked like all night. & our family song was playing in the background.

.
.
.
.

..............................................................................................

Hey.. My sweetest Readers...,:) how are you all??

Hope you guys enjoyed this. So hit the vote button & comments if you like this. Next Update, when this chapter will get 25 votes.

PSalso check out my other story 'For The First Time' it's a Selena Gomez Fanfic. I hope you will enjoy it too.

Love yaa :)

Published on : 18 June 2016