Stiles was following behind me as we drove home. I kept two hands on the wheel, watching my mirrors and looking at my surroundings. 

I looked out of my driver door window and caught a glimpse of blue eyes in the woods along the road. I could faintly see the figures running on all fours with great speed. It was Derek and Scott.

I let out a sigh. 

I can't feel sorry for Derek Hale. Even if he knew the truth about why I was so cold and closed off to him. I still hated him for what happened to her. It didn't matter what he said. It hurt like hell, seeing him again after so long. It just reminded me of her and that she wasn't here anymore. It reminded me that she should've still been here, that she shouldn't have died.

I pulled into the driveway with Stiles behind me and saw my dad's cruiser in the driveway, which meant he was home for the night.

I locked my car and turned to Stiles as he came up beside me. "Okay, if he asks, you were doing homework at Scott's house and needed a jumpstart," I told my brother.

He nodded and we headed up the front steps. "Are you okay, Sarah?" Stiles asked me.

I looked over at him again and nodded slowly. "Yeah, I'm okay. Don't worry about me, Stiles," I assured my baby brother with a soft smile.

"You weren't sassy or sarcastic to Derek when we left. There's something bothering you. I can just tell," my brother insisted.

I sighed. "I'll tell you some other time, baby brother. I'm really tired right now so, I just wanted to get some sleep."

He sighed, rubbing his hand over his buzzed head, but nodded his head in understanding. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and half-hugged him as we walked up to our front door.

He pushed open the front door and let me walk in first. I expected to be bombarded with questions as soon as we entered the house, but nothing of the sort happened.

And when we found him passed out on the couch, it made sense. He was always working so much that he barely ever caught up on his sleep.

I shuffled Stiles upstairs to go to bed and then I knelt down in front of my dad. I sighed as I watched him sleep peacefully. He had no worries, no responsibilities, no dread when he was sleeping. That's all I ever want for him because he's already given me the world. He does so much for me and my brother, and I know that we've taken it for granted way more than we should've.

And I knew that he missed me, I could feel it all the time, even when I'm standing right in front of him. Ever since I turned, I'd distanced myself because I didn't want to hurt him. Even now, knowing how to control it, I was always afraid I'd lose control and hurt him.

And well, when I left for college, it was to protect not myself, but him and my brother, too.

Sighing, I rested my hand on his shoulder and gently shook him. He faltered, moaning tiredly. I smiled softly and shook him a little more and he grunted, opening his eyes into slits.

"Dad?" I murmured. He hummed and his eyes closed again. "Daddy? Come on, let me take you to bed."

His eyes opened slightly again and he looked at me tiredly. "Sarah?" he half-slurred in his sleep.

I smiled again, "Yeah, Daddy," I answered him.

"Where were you?" he questioned me, still half asleep.

"Stiles was doing homework at Scott's and I guess he left a light on in the Jeep 'cause he called for a jump."

A little scoff left my dad's lips and he slowly pushed himself up so that he was sitting on the couch. "What am I gonna do with him?" he muttered.

I giggled and shrugged my shoulders, helping my dad stand on his feet. "I don't know, Daddy," I answered him lightheartedly.

I led my dad up the stairs and was thankful for my werewolf strength because he was still half asleep so he was only half-supporting himself. I grunted lowly but continued to carry him up down the hall to his bedroom.

I laid him down on his bed, leaving him in the clothes he was in, which was a pair of blue jeans and a long sleeved shirt. I did take off his shoes, though, so that they didn't ruin his sheets while he slept.

He was snoring by the time his head hit the pillow and I smiled softly, kissing the top of his head goodnight.

"Goodnight, Daddy," I whispered softly.

I tiptoed out of the room and slowly shut the door so that it didn't wake him up. Then I went back down the hall to my own room.

I got ready for bed and then by the time I laid down, tears were streaming down my face. Everything just hit me at once after talking with Derek.

And seeing that my dad had passed out on the couch, I knew he must've been waiting up for me and Stiles to get back home. I felt terrible for doing that to him, knowing I should've left him a note or called him when I was leaving.

I turned over to my side and looked out of my window. I could see the trees of the forest and the clear sky above them. The stars glistened and made me feel at peace.

There was an urge, deep in my stomach, that told me to go take a run in the woods and see hoe far I could go. But I pushed it away. I couldn't leave again; I didn't want to.

I closed my eyes and turned my back to the window. And, before I knew it, I was falling asleep.

⊰⊱

I am so sorry for the lack of an update again. And I'm sorry that this chapter was relatively shorter. But I hope you enjoyed it all the same.

Please vote and/or comment and share with your fellow Derek Hale/Teen Wolf fans.

I hope you've enjoyed the chapter and until next time, I bid you adieu.

Sincerely,
hellocreation