TWENTY SEVEN

malbhodi: when u miss bae☎️tagged: samjameson998,827 likes52,717 comments

tagged: samjameson
998,827 likes
52,717 comments

__________________________________

"G'morning," Chris mumbled as he entered his kitchen and saw Mallory sitting at his breakfast nook on her phone.

"Morning," she smiled gently, making room for Chris to sit on the stool next to her.

"Have you been up long?" He questioned, rubbing his eyes.

"Like half an hour? I facetimed Sam quickly before he went to work."

"How's he doin'?" Chris inquired, standing from the stool to turn the coffee machine on.

"Yeah," she replied- picking at the polish on her nails. "He wishes he didn't have work so he could have come."

"I know it would've been nice to have Sammy around," Chris chuckled. "But I think it's for the best- at least right now."

Mallory nodded in agreement, knowing where Chris was going with this conversation.

"I know what he did was shitty, and that he should accept the fact that you're happy with Sam- and I'm extremely greatful you've been civil about this." Chris paused. "But I don't know how it would've been if Sam were to be around."

"I know he's your bestfriend no matter what and I love you Chris- so I'm willing to forget any of this ever happened as long as he doesn't-" She paused as she hurred shuffling in the next room. "As long as he doesn't try anything." She whispered.

Chris opened his mouth to reply but looked over Mallory's shoulder to see Chad enter the kitchen- dragging his feet behind him.

"Eh man, you want coffee?" Chris offered, watching as Chad slumped down in the stool next to Mallory and rest his head on her shoulder in exhaustion.

"Yes please, with advil." He groaned.

Mallory giggled and rubbed his back in sympathy. "I told you to slow it down with the whiskey." He gagged at the mention of the toxic drink.

"I'm going to be sick," he muttered- accepting the hot coffee from Chris along with two tablets of extra strength advil.

"Just don't puke on me and everything's dandy." Mallory joked, handing him the 18% cream.

"Who's puking?" Anastasia quipped, skipping into the kitchen.

"How are you so jolly? You drank more than me." Chad moaned, stirring his coffee.

"I'm twelve years younger than you, Chadwicky." Anastasia pointed out- stealing a sip from his coffee. "And I also drank a lot of water." She grinned.

"Water?" Sebastian croaked, walking into the kitchen- blocking the sun from his eyes.

"You guys are so old," Mallory huffed jokingly, hopping off the stool. "I'm going to the building's gym, anyone want to join me?"

That received groans from everyone in the room apart from Anastasia who jumped up immediatly at the offer. "I'll join!"

"I don't know how they do it."

___________________________________

"Dibs on shower," Anastasia calls out once the girls reach the apartment post-gym session.

"Hurry up, I want to go out today." Mallory chimes, kicking her sneakers off- neatly lining them up by the door.

"Ten minutes tops," Anastasia promises to which Mallory huffs.

"More like an hour," she sighs to no one in particular. The apartment is oddly quiet so she walks into the kitchen and sees it's empty as well.

The porch door is open an inch, so she peaks out and finds Sebastian leaning against the railing- taking a picture of the view.

"Take any pictures that are insta-worthy?" She speaks before she could think- causing Sebastian to jump slightly.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." Mallory apologizes quickly, her cheeks flaming.

"S'okay, I didn't hear you walk in."

"Stas called dibs on the shower before I got the chance." She admits sheepishly, awkwardly standing in the doorway between the porch and the kitchen. "So I came to look for Chris."

"They went to grab breakfast down the street," He states, nodding toward the little cafe they could see in the distance.

"Okay," She breathes. "I'm just going to use Chris' shower then." She excuses herself- turning to walk into the kitchen.

"Mallory?" Her heart stops, and she clenches her fists. Please don't bring it up, I don't want to talk about it anymore.

"You seem happy," He admits and she releases a breath she didn't realize she was holding.

"I am," She smiles unconciously- her thoughts wandering to Sam.

"I'm happy you're happy." He confesses and her heart warms.

"Are you happy, Sebastian? Truly happy?" She retorts gently, watching his features as he thinks of an answer.

"I am," He chuckles.

"Well then, I'm happy you're happy."