Bruised

Hey guys this our first book we really hope u like the book and please forgive all the mistakes and hope you enjoy

Shavante POV

It was around 11 am when me and Armani had gotten off from work training. It was our dream since we were in highschool to become registered nurses and travel to different countries together and finally all those late night training had paid off , we had gotten a job offer to work in Canada , it would be a new adventure for me and mani .

Me and Armani met in our first year of junior high and ever since that faithful day nothing can tear us apart. While I was driving her home in my silver range rover I noticed a bruise on the right side of Armani's cheek and  I had a feeling I knew the cause of it.

"Armani" I called out to her "What is that on your cheek, I didn't see that before and yesterday."

She looked at me tears already forming in her eyes.

( Shavante's range rover)

She finally began to speak

"Shay I know that you believe I deserve better than this, but I've spent 3 years with him he's not just a random dude and I love him he's just...........he's just misunderstood."

My body began to boil at the words that we're coming out of her mouth. Mani knows my past and the abuse I been through with my father so it hurts me to see that she's blinded by love, no matter how many times I talk to her it doesn't get through that thick skull of hers , i swear she's so stubborn at times.

We finally arrived at Mani's Apartment, Hopefully this will be the last night I see my friend in pain, we are both going start a new life journey the following morning.

Armani POV

I was scared, to enter into the house I knew Jeremiah wouldn't take the news too well about me moving to a different country. Me and Jeremiah have been together for 3 years, in the beginning everything went well and I thought that he was the man of my dreams and the person I would marry, but ever since about a year ago when his brother died Jeremih changed. He would come home late most of time and usually he reeked of alcohol, when I would began to question him about his whereabouts he would get furious beat me repeatedly. I only told Shay about this, because I was scared to report it to the authorities and I didn't want anything bad to happen to him, I still loved him. I know Shay was right in telling me I deserve better, but I just can't let go or at least just yet.

I opened the door to our apartment and I could've smelled the stench of alcohol filling up the whole room around me. I decided to head up stairs with thoughts clouding my head at how I was going to tell Jeremiah the news.
I entered the baby blue colored bedroom and started to change into my night clothes , suddenly I felt hands wrap around my body.

"Your finally home I missed you Mani" he said and then planted a kiss on my neck, I felt shutters go down my spine at each touch.

"Jeremih,I have something that I need to tell you" I said while Turing around finally able to face him.
He nodded letting me know to continue.

"Well, me and Shay's hard work has finally paid off and um....well....we got a job offer to work in Canada and well..."

Before I could finish I felt a sharp pain on the right side of my check where one of my many bruises were.

"You piece of shit, you had this planned,I knew you were going to leave just like how my brother did."

As he said those he continued to punch in different places all over my body. I tired to scream out for help, but he covered my mouth and told me to shut up "you deserved it, you needed to get beat to learn my lesson" he screamed out.

"your the only person I  love Mani, please don't leave me, you have to understand."

Tears fell out my eye falling down and onto my cheeks I couldn't take it any l longer. I tried to break free and out of his grasp, but he was too strong and ended up pinning me down to the bed.

I felt his lips on my neck as he sucked on it. I didn't want this I needed to get out.

Tears now streaming down my face I felt his hands go down to my precious area.

"NO, NO please Jeremiah please let me go please I promise I won't leave you". I screamed.

He didn't listen to my pleas or stopped when I began to hit him, instead he continued on. His graps on my left hand loosened, and gripped the band of my shorts pulling them down, I tried to kick him off of me but it came to no avial. He ripped my panties apart preparing to enter me, but the last bit of strength that I had I pushed him over and tumbled out of the bed, I hastily picked up my shorts and phone and ran. I immediately called shay after I was a safe distance away from the apartment.

Shavante POV

After I picked Armani we headed straight to my house where I bandage and cleaned up her bruises. I knew I shouldn't have dropped her home, and just let her stay with me until our flight in the morning, but she so stubborn that she didn't let me.
I was so exhausted and I knew Mani was to. I drifted off to sleep right before I packed clothes for our trip in the morning.