Chapter 6: Ascend...

I woke up and sneezed, I was shivering, I then realised that I was still in soaking wet clothes with damp hair. Great. I must of forgotten about that. I know I know but I was tired ok. Yesterday was Friday so we had the whole day to worry about Tyler. That's if he hasn't shown up. I showered and dressed into black jeans, a white tank top and timberland boots. Don't judge they are my favourite shoes! I couldn't be bothered to style my hair so let it fall down my back. I was a slim girl with waist-long hair and curves. Boys like Aaron Abbots likes girls like me. For one reason. Their big chest. Yep, I have a big chest, I do not and mean do not act like a slut at all. Nope. That's not me. Guys like Aaron just like to take advantage and I think its disgusting. There was a knock at the door, Sarah answered it, she hugged the person there so I instantly knew it was Caleb.

"Is Fern here?" he asked, stepping into the room, I swivelled on my desk chair and waved,

"Yeah I'm here" I giggled, "What's up?" I asked intrigued,

"It's Tyler" he replied. They were the only words he needed to get me up and raring to go. He kissed Sarah goodbye and headed off down the corridor. "Look, I'm sorry for shouting at you last night, I was just as stressed as you were" he apologised,

"No worries Caleb, I'm used to it" I sighed slapping him on the back. We reached Tyler and Reid's dorm. I stepped in first and saw Reid in his pants, "For Gods sake cover yourself" I sighed throwing some stray clothes to him.

"Jeez girl I'm your brother. You've seen me naked" he chuckled,
"I don't care that was when we were kids" I growled. Tyler was sitting upright on the bed, he wasn't moving, his eyes were blood shot and fixed on something.

"He's been like that since he came in this morning, he won't talk to us" said Pogue, I spun and saw him leant against the wall, since when was he here?

"So you want me to talk to him?" I sighed crossing my arms, they nodded, Reid was now fully dressed thank God, "Fine then" I breathed. They left us in peace. I sat on the edge of Tyler's bed, he flinched when I put a hand on his knee. "So, what did you do with Mia then?" I asked trying to make small talk, the mention of her name made him turn to me.

"She, she-" he stuttered, he was getting himself all worked up,

"Hey slow down, tell me what's wrong" I ordered, his eyes flashed black and my body was flung into the desk breaking the mirror, the guys ran in at the crash, Pogue helped me up. We all stood in a line facing Tyler, his fists were clenched and he was breathing heavy.

"Tyler, what's wrong with you man?" asked Reid walking to him and putting an arm around his shoulder, he too was flung against the wall.

"She showed me real power" Sneered Tyler in my face, the next thing I knew Caleb had run after him.

"What the hell is going on?" I yelled as I helped Reid up from his place on the floor,

"I don't know but I'll bet you $100 that this 'Mia' is something to do with it" sighed Pogue. Caleb met us at Nikki's, he hadn't been able to catch Tyler.

"He's gotten stronger, stronger than any of us. He hasn't even ascended yet" whispered Caleb as we nabbed a table at the very back of the bar,

"Right, we find 58 Grosvenor lane no matter how long it takes us. If she's done something to him then we need to find out what and soon" I demanded banging my fist on the table,

"Wait wait wait, right now we need some drinks" smirked Reid, I sighed and trudged to the bar.

"Hey beautiful" said a voice, I was preparing myself for Aaron's sick ways but instead I met a pair of blue eyes. Chase.

"Hey, fancy seeing you here" I smiled,
"Yeah, well I thought I might as well check out the local bar, and I love foosball so this is the place to be" he chuckled. I ordered five beers for me and the guys, Chase asked to sit with us. I was a bit hesitant at first but Sarah and Kate had turned up so we obviously weren't discussing Mia or Tyler any time soon. I strolled back with the drinks, with help from Chase, Pogue gave me a serious look but it changed when Kate kissed him. I turned away and pretended to be sick, Reid laughed. I spent my time talking with Chase, Caleb was giggling with Sarah and Pogue was doing the same with Kate. That made me uncomfortable. Reid being Reid was squabbling with Aaron over a game of pool.

"Want a game?" I asked nudging Chase on the shoulder, he nodded and we moved towards the foosball table.

"Prepare to lose" smirked Chase as he leant on the handles,

"Oh yeah? We'll see" I smiled back.

"Winner gets a free drink" decided Chase,

"Better get your wallet out then" I giggled. Half an hour later I was sipping a free drink back around the table with the guys, Chase was sulking.

"I told you I was good" I giggled patting his knee. He looked at his watch and sighed,

"I gotta go, see you later guys" he sighed, he kissed me making me blush before strolling out of the door, his jacket flung over his shoulder.

"Getting close are we?" teased Reid, I slapped him and stayed quiet. Pogue was glaring at me. I looked away and ignored him. Chase was lovely, I don't see what his problem was. The girls left later on, Kate was all over Pogue, I didn't make eye contact. It was disturbing.

"If I were Tyler and going immensely insane where would I go?" joked Reid, I hit him over the back of the head,

"Shut it this is serious" I snapped, I was in a bad mood since the way Pogue had looked at me.

"Well you and Fern are no good until Monday" sighed Caleb slumping back into his seat,

"And why not?" I asked, everyone looked at me

"We ascend tomorrow. Remember?" replied Reid. Oh shit. Today was September 15th and at exactly 3:09pm Reid would ascend. Two hours later would be my time.