Chapter 2: Kitty...

I wouldn't say I was your normal girl, makeup, dreaming about guys, sappy boy bands. Nah that's not my thing. My thing is black clothes, rock music such as Hollywood undead and fall out boy, fixing cars and motorbikes and hanging with the boys. Yep you could say I was partly Goth. Reid, my loving brother has stuck by me through everything. When I say everything I mean, my problems. I'm seventeen now, Eighteen two days after Reid. When I was sixteen I suffered from depression due to the death of a friend, I gradually got over it with help from the guys. Pogue helped me through the most, he was always brightening my mood with his charming voice and smile. If I had to choose out of the guys I'd definitely pick Pogue. But you didn't hear that from me.

When Kitty died, sorry no I meant left I didn't sleep for a whole 72 hours afterwards. That worried Reid but I told him to get over it.

-----------------Back To Now-----------------

I woke up early the next morning, I was an early bird. Always have been always will be. My cell was placed beside my made up bed on the floor, I unlocked it and started scrolling through the pictures of me and Kitty. She wasn't just a roommate. She was my best friend. And yes I bet your wondering why I said 'died', yep, I may have lied to save my emotions from falling to bits. She was tragically killed. And it was because of me. It was coming up to my sixteenth birthday, I was showing off my powers, suddenly I lost control and Kitty was in the line of fire. I said I suffered from depression because of the death of a friend, she was that friend. Since then Reid has been over protective, I've gotten used to it since it's been nearly a year but it's still annoying.

"Morning Fern, whatcha looking at?" yawned Sarah as she stretched and sat up, she flopped her arms back down again and rubbed her eyes,

"Nothing just old texts" I lied, she nodded and got out of bed.

"You said that your roommate left right?" she asked, I nodded slowly,

"Where'd she go?" she asked pulling out new underwear.

"Um, she moved country, her Dad got a promotion" I lied coolly, she smiled and went into the bathroom. Thank fuck she bought it.

"Sarah I'm going to go and get my stuff while we have a few free period's" I said through the slit in the bathroom door,

"Ok, I'll tell Kate you said hi when she wakes up" she shouted over the sound of water,

"thanks" I called exiting. I hope that didn't wake Kate!

"Hey Tyler, where you headed?" I asked passing him in the corridor,

"I'm going out with a girl I met" he replied blushing a shade pink,

"Ooooo, what's her name?" I teased, "Mia" he replied walking backwards,

"Good luck" I called before I was out of earshot. I skipped happily downstairs knowing I was missing English lit and Physics this morning.

"What's got you in a good mood Thorney?" asked Reid leaning on the door as I passed his dorm whistling, I turned shrugged and carried on my path

"And don't call me Thorny" I yelled, it was his nickname for me, beings my name was fern, that linked to thorn or thorny, like the type on a rose. He called me it once, it made me annoyed and being my brother he will do anything to annoy me.  My old dorm that I shared with Kitty was the other side of spencer, I gazed out of the window and sighed at the pouring rain. I would have to go out in that.

"Morning Fern" smiled Pogue,

"Morning, wait hang on why are you here?" I asked confused,

"Nice to see you too" he chuckled

"I'm here to see Kate",

"She wasn't awake when I left" I told,

"Oh right, where you off to?" he asked in his deep manly voice,

"Just to get my stuff from my dorm" I replied. He put his hands in his pockets and smiled,

"Want me to help?" he offered,

"If you wouldn't mind" I smiled. He nodded and followed me outside.

"Wanna make a run for it?" he sighed as we stepped out, luckily this part was undercover,

"Yep" I said before sprinting,

"hey wait for me!" he called, I giggled but didn't stop running. I got there before him and leant against the door waiting,

"c'mon slow coach" I smirked, he shook his head, sighed and went inside. We eventually made our way to room 350, I fumbled with my keys in my numb fingers, "Oh hey guys" said a voice from our left, I looked up and saw Chase, "hey" replied Pogue sternly. I unlocked the door, smiled to chase and we entered, he entered too. I could tell Pogue didn't like him. His stuffed his hands in the pockets of his jacket making his elbows stick out, "Hey it's...fern right?" he asked, I nodded pulling out a suitcase from under my bed, "Wanna go catch a movie?" he asked, "Oh sorry Chase I can't, I'm busy" I apologized gesturing to my stuff, "I see, another time yeah?" he asked, "Definitely" I replied. He was so cute! I turned to Pogue, he was frowning at me, "What?" I asked, "Somethings not right about him, stay away" he warned, "C'mon Pogue your just paranoid" I sighed, he sighed too.