Chapter 1

Saturday
I look out of my bedroom window, looking at the new neighbor's house next door. I have a perfect view of the neighbor's window, it's a teenage boy's room. It is painted blue with many posters on the walls.
The boy is lying on his bed listening to music, while staring at the ceiling. He's cute, I can tell that much. I wonder what his name is. I suppose I'll find out soon enough, my mom is going to meet the neighbors, the Briggs', this evening. She's baking a cake to take over.
"Ashton," my mom yells,"make sure to wear something nice when we meet the neighbors."
"Okay." I called back.
I look in the full length mirror at myself. I'm wearing a black t-shirt and sweat pants.
"Yep, I've definitely got to change." I say to myself.
I put on a navy colored polo, dark skinny jeans, and my grey vans. I look in the mirror again. My brown hair is all over the place. I comb my hair down.
"Ashton, time to go!" Mom shouts.
"I'm coming!" I shout back.
I run down stairs and mom checks my outfit.
"Ooh nice. You know they have a son your age."
"I've noticed, mom." I say whilst laughing. "Let's go."
We walk up to the neighbor's door and my mom knocks. A lady I guess is Mrs. Briggs opens the door. She has blonde hair and green eyes.
"Hello we live next door and we thought we'd welcome you to the neighborhood. This is my son Ashton and my name is Alice Drew." My mom says.
"Well it was awfully nice of you to bring over a cake. My name is Nancy Briggs.
It's actually the first dessert we've gotten all of the rest are casseroles. Why don't you come in and we can talk for a bit."
She takes the cake to the kitchen. Then, leads us to the living room.
"Ashton, how old are you?" Asks Mrs. Briggs.
"I am 16."
"Same age as my Jasper, you should meet him. Jasper! Come meet the new neighbors." She calls upstairs.
"Coming mom." Says who I suppose is Jasper. He has a nice voice.
A boy about 6 foot tall walks into the room. He has on a beanie over his brown hair and he, also, has beautiful green eyes, might I say. He is very attractive, I observe.
"Hi, my name is Jasper." He reaches out to shake my hand and then my mom's.
"Jasper, why don't you take Ashton up to your room so you can talk?"
"Alright. Come on Ashton." He says looking a little uneasy.
I walk with Jasper up to his room.
"You will have to excuse the mess and boxes everywhere, we're still getting settled in."
We walked in his room, which I had seen from my window. The same blue walls and posters up everywhere. The first poster I see is of Twenty One Pilots.
"You're into Twenty One Pilots?" I say.
"Yeah, my favorite song is Polarize. Do you listen to them?"
"Oh yes, big time. My favorite song is Tear in My Heart."
"I like that one, too. The whole album, Blurryface, is good."
"I know right."
He sat on his bed and motioned for me to sit next to him.
"So, Jasper, what are some of your hobbies?"
"Um well, I love reading, and I get on social media a lot." He says whilst laughing. He has such a cute laugh.
"Not into sports?"
"Nah, not really. I like watching some football, but that's about it. I don't play or anything. Do you play?"
"No, I'm not really into sports either." I say laughingly.
I look around his room and see a bookshelf full of books, a computer desk with a MacBook laptop on top, and a dresser in the corner with a flat-screen tv sitting on top.
"You have a pretty unique room, Jasper."
"Thanks. Maybe you can show me yours some time."
Is he flirting with me? Omg, could he be gay?! If you haven't figured it out yet I am gay. He's probably not flirting, he probably means because he thinks we'll make good friends or for sleepovers. I look over to see him staring at me while I had gotten lost in thought, he quickly adverts his eyes to something of no interest across the room.
"Yea, maybe sometime. Hey where are you going to school?"
"Linked View High, what about you?"
"I go there, I can show you around, if you'd like. When are you starting?"
"Monday, that would be nice. I'll take you up on that offer."
"Alright then it's settled."
"Ashton, it's time to leave." He heard his mom call.
"Well, I guess I'll see you later, then. Bye, Jasper." I said getting up to walk out.
"Bye, Ashton." He said looking into my eyes with his gorgeous green ones.
He walked down stairs with me. My mom was awaiting me at the door beside Mrs. Briggs. I stood by mom as we both turned and looked at the Briggs'.
"I guess we'll see you around, Nancy." My mom said.
"I'll see you later." I say to Jasper as we bump fists, and he nods.
"We'll have to get together sometime and do something." Mrs. Briggs says cheerfully.
"Definitely, bye." Mom says finally as we walk out the door over to our house.
"So, how do you like Jasper, huh? He's super cute!" My mom says with a gushy voice.
"Mom, please," I say laughing, "he is very nice, I like him."
"Oooh Ashton."
I bust out laughing. I can't stand to keep a straight face when she uses that voice. I rush upstairs and take a hot shower, that always helps to clear my mind.
I get dressed, check my phone, and get in bed to sleep a very peaceful sleep, after thinking a little about Jasper.