21 - Challenge !

The couple was on their way back to their house. Their brief honeymoon trip was unfortunately over. That means back to work-life, unfortunately!!

"Hey, what are you thinking?" Fiona asked, interrupting Justin's thoughts.

"About how I'd like to spend my time with you rather than working." He blurted out sadly.

"Oh, come on. I thought you were a workaholic." She quoted, nudging him slightly.

"Yes! But that was before you came into my life." He kissed her on the cheek.

"Sir, ma'am, please fasten your seat belts. We are about to depart." The air hostess informed them.

Both of them gave her a nod.

"So where were we...? Oh, how you came into my life, and now I don't want to work because I want to spend my time with you." He winked.

"You make it sound like a bad thing," she stated, shaking her head.

"Nope, I do not. You made my priorities change within three weeks, whereas my mom and dad have been trying for years."

"Well, then, I am glad I completed the impossible mission." He did a fist pump in the air.

"Well, you might be dancing out of joy as you are going back to work?" He asked her teasingly.

"As much as I always love to work, I wish we could have extended this vacation."

"What! You, Fiona Carter, who married this workaholic in order to keep her job, wanted to extend her vacation." He gave her a shocked look.

She started laughing.

"Hey! I love the holidays. I wouldn't have married you if your father hadn't threatened to ruin my resume."

"I am sorry about that." He said, looking guilty.

"No, I am sorry. I didn't want you to feel guilty. But, to be honest, excluding the first week of our marriage, I did enjoy my time with you."

"Really?"

Fiona answered him by kissing Justin's cheek.

"Aw, I expected more." He whined like a kid.

"No, uh, you are only getting cheek kisses from me, nothing more." She tucked her tongue out.

"Is that a challenge?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Now that you ask, then yes, it's a challenge." She winked with a smirk.

"Aw, I think someone is going to be a sore loser." She said in a sing-song manner, looking at Justin's shocked face.

"Who, me? Not a chance. In fact, I have an idea."

"What idea?" She asked curiously.

"Whoever initiates the kiss will lose." Justin smirked.

"Cool." She shrugged casually.

Justin had frowned at her casual response. "You are going to lose. You know that, right?"

"We will see about that." She said it innocently, which made her look adorable.

Justin needs to think of something to make her lose. He thought of a plan which brought an evil smirk to his face.

"Okay, Wify."

"Whatever evil plan you are thinking of, Mr. Devil, it will not work on me." She said cheekily.

"Well, when the plan is made by the genius of evil Justin, then yes, it is 200 percent going to work."

"You are so full of yourself. And by the way, when you have an opponent's name Fiona then 300 percent sure it will not work." She said it with a shrug.

Fiona really wanted to laugh at Justin's face. He had no idea about her determination. She was aware that his evil mind was devising schemes to make her lose it. But little did he know about her.

The plane ride was long. He tried different ways of seducing her. And it was an epic failure on his behalf.

To get her attention, Justin even flirted with that slutty air hostess who was drooling over her husband, knowing that he was married to the girl next to her. But poor him there also he got no response from Fiona. She wanted to strangle that girl for flirting with her, but she was one step ahead of him.

When he shamelessly started complimenting her service, Fiona came up with a lovely plan. If he can play dirty, then so can she.

The best part of playing dirty, in her dictionary, is acting indifferent to his tactics.

He was trying all sorts of ways to grab her attention, but Fiona was too busy watching a movie.

"Really, Fi? Nothing works on you, does it?" He asked her with amusement.

"Nope, I told you I wouldn't lose this game. And honestly, try everything that you have, but it won't have any effect on me."

"Even in extreme cases?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, mister. But you cross your limits, and the next thing that you will see is my lawyer." She burst out laughing.

"Geez, there is no winning from you." He shook his head.

"I know." She shrugged her shoulders casually. Then Justin kissed her softly.

"What happened to your game? Lost your own battle?" She asked him with wide eyes.

"I don't see this as a loss. Either way, I won." He said while closing his eyes.

For the rest of the plane ride, they both slept. Sitting in one place for hours can make you tired.

When they landed at the airport, they collected their luggage, took a cab, and headed to their home.

The ride was not too long as the roads were empty. When they were both in front of the door, they heard faint noises. The noise was coming from inside the house.

"Is there someone inside the house?" Fiona asked worriedly.

"No clue! Grace couldn't be it because I had asked her to join us tomorrow. It can't be mom and dad because they want us to rest." He stated.

Fiona gulped in fear.

"Hey! You have me here. Don't worry!" He assured her by squeezing her hand.

Justin holds her hand while turning the knob of the door. When he opened the door...

"Bloody hell," Fiona and Justin both said in unison........

Hey guys,

I changed a bit of the plot of this chapter. I don't know why but I wasn't happy with this part of the story.

Hope you like this one.