Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Blake’s POV

I was excited to finally introduce Tammy to my best bud Tommy. But what I didn’t know was that they already knew each other. The more they told me about how they accidentally met, I started to lose interest. Seeing them looking happy and talking about their encounter a while ago, gave me a weird feeling. I wasn’t happy at all.

I was now on the counter of the diner ordering our food. Every now and then, I would sneak a glance at Tammy and Tommy giggling with each other. Every time I did that though, I’d regret it.

What is this I’m feeling? I have never felt something like this towards anyone at all…

I was brought back from my thought at someone talking to me.

“What would you want to order, sir?” The blonde waitress asked seductively but failing miserably. She’s definitely NOT my type.

“2 blueberry pancakes and 1 chocolate milkshake please.” I ordered bluntly.

“Right away, sir.” She replied and gave me one last wink before she went to the kitchen to start up our orders. I just scoffed at her attempt to look hot to catch my attention. I’m over girls like her. They’re up to no good.

I wandered my eyes to where Tammy and Tommy were and just stared at them. I could clearly see that they were enjoying the company of another and they were starting to get really close.

“Jealous?” I jumped a bit as I was obviously startled at the blonde waitress sneaking up on me like that. How the heck did she even arrive that fast?

My eye brows pulled together in a frown and I just gave her a confused expression. She just chuckled, “Well, obviously you’re jealous of the guy and girl over there.” She stated whilst pointing to Tammy and Tommy.

“Look Blondie, I don’t mean to be rude or anything but you should really mind your own business and for the record, I’m not jealous. That guy over there is my best friend and the girl he’s with, is just my partner for a project we’re working on.” I explained.

She just shrugged and smirked, “Well if you’re not jealous, then explain why you keep glancing on their direction.”

I didn’t know what to reply so I just scoffed and shook my head in response to her accusation.

Was I really jealous? Did I like Tammy that way?

“Here’s your orders.” The waitress placed the food on a tray so I can bring it up to our table. But soon spoke again, “I know you don’t want to admit it yet but I can clearly see that you have feelings for the girl. A piece of advice, don’t let jealousy overpower you. It’s just another name for insecurity. And treat that girl right or sit back and watch someone else do it for you.”

Wow, was this the same girl who flirted with me just minutes ago? She was like a different person. I guess I was wrong to judge her directly. She actually means well.

“Uh, thanks.” I muttered whilst giving her the payment for our orders.

Once I looked down at our tray, there was a tiny piece of paper saying…

If things don’t go as planned with your girl, call me. Xoxo

WTF? Seriously Blondie? Well, I guess I wasn’t wrong to judge her. Who knew she was only giving me advice to get on my good side and get close to me.

*cough* Slut *cough*

As I was walking to our table with the food on my hands, I started to see Tammy and Tommy laughing and… having a mini food fight? Okay, that’s weird. But as I stare at Tammy, she was really grinning ear to ear and I just couldn’t help but adore her. The only problem is that I wasn’t the reason for that smile on her face right now. I know Tommy is my best friend but I’m definitely pissed right now.