Monocerata ~ Chapter 00

Not exactly the first chapter but not a prologue either

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 00:  The Fallen City of Merakaeli

“Merakaeli was a beautiful and breathtaking town. Those who dared to step into its territory never returned for they would be defeated. Captivated both by its beauty and history. Merkaeli was most known for its mesmerizing sceneries of nature, its heart warming and loving people and the great histories of battle that surrounded it. But sadly after that incident it has fallen greatly. I can still remember the bitter sweet memories, the laughter which is now just a forgotten song, the memories now a mere echo of the past...Instead of being remembered as an honourable and proud town as it was previously, it is now simply remembered by all the descendants as the birth place of the Lost Prince. It is the fallen home country of The Royal Family that once ruled the 4 dimensions. The Royal Family that crumbled taking away the harmony, peace and love between the 4 dimensions with it. That is why you must remember.  Pass down these memories so that they may never get lost in time. Pass it down to the next generation after you in hope that one day the lost days will revisit our present. Pass it on because this is the only way to keep the prophecy alive. Pass it one so the Lost Prince can find his way back to our life.”

“What happened to the prince grandmother,” asked my younger sister Rosalinda with eager eyes and excitement taking over her previous bored expression. She had just turned 10 and as tradition demanded every child of Geryon descendant was recited the story of The Fallen City of Merakaeli and The Royal Family. I too had heard this story and similarly so had my older brother and sister before me and before them and me my father and my grandfather.  

“He is lost amongst the dimensions young Rosa. That is why this story must live on. So that he can come back to us and restore peace to our fallen land. I have passed the prophecy on to the generations of today. I have fulfilled my duty and done the best I can for you and the land. Now it is your duty and you must take over for me as I will not be here for much longer. It is unfortunate but I have outstayed my welcome my dear Rosa. It would be wonderful to see the 4 dimensions united once again however my body is getting weak. I do not know how long I am a member of this world. For thousands of years I have witnessed the death and destruction that has taken place between the dimensions. I wish to see no more. I pray you will see the happy world soon my darling Rosa. Just like as it used to be before. The united 4 dimensions where everyone lived in harmony and there were no wars.”  

“You speak as if you’re about to leave right now grandmother,” I spoke quickly seeing Rosalinda’s pained expression.

“It is not when I’m leaving that matters dear Ammos it is the truth that one day I will be gone. It is the nature of life. We all will be gone one day whether we wish to or not.”

“I don’t want you to leave grandmother,” Rosalinda’s soft voice cried out as she buried her face in grandmother’s silk shawl that was draped around her shoulders and was also covering her head and bosom.

“Come now Rosa, let’s see you off to bed,” Grandmother’s voice soothed her.

“Goodnight Rosa,” I whispered to her hugging her tight. “Goodnight grandmother.”

“Goodnight Ammos. May the ancient ones keep their blessings on you for tomorrow.”

“Thank you grandmother”.

I watched as Grandmother guided Rosalinda back to her room to tuck her to sleep. Glancing at the time teller quickly I decided to sit by the fire for a few more minutes before heading off to bed myself.