When A Demon Makes You Breakfast

You rolled over in your bed and groaned. Bill was downstairs making a mess again. You could hear pots and pans crashing to the kitchen floor, one by one. Oftentimes, Bill took pleasure in waking you up each morning in the most annoying way possible. Breaking things and making loud noises were two of his favorites. You enjoyed having the little triangle around, at least to have someone to talk to, but you weren't the biggest fan of his methods of waking you up. You finally rolled out of bed and trudged down the stairs, reluctantly going to see what he had done this time.

Bill POV:

I inwardly cringed as another metal pan hit the floor, making another loud crash. I really didn't want to wake her up this way this morning.

Sighing, I floated down to the ground and picked up one of the various pans that had landed so noisily on the kitchen floor. I set it on the stovetop and tried to remember how to turn on the heat. I always watched her as she cooked, but I guess I didn't ever really pay attention to the little stuff, such as the method of how to turn the heat on...

I stared at the four little knobs above the oven door. Which one turned on the bottom right burner? I hesitantly picked the one farthest to the right side of the stove, pressed it in and turned it to the side and the flame under the pan ignited. I congratulated myself as I reached towards the bowl of pancake batter that I had very messily made.

I picked up the bowl, lifted it up over the hot pan, and tilted it, making a big glob of the batter fall onto the pan. I set the bowl back down, and looked back down at the 'pancake' that I had made. It didn't look quite right... It kind of looked like...well, a big glob of pancake batter. It wasn't spreading out. I assessed that it was because I had made the batter too thick.

I got a spatula and scraped the deformed pancake up out of the pan and dumped it into the garbage can.

I added another cup of water to the batter and mixed it in. I tried again to pour it into the pan, but this time, the 'pancake' ended up looking like a puddle. I rolled my eye and a small sigh escaped my non-existent lips.

This time I picked up the pan and dumped the batter into the sink.

As I finished adding what I needed to back into the watery pancake batter, another pan somehow made it's way to slip out of the cupboard and onto the floor. I grimaced at the crashing sound it made as it hit the ground. Within moments after that, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I heard a yawn and then a voice say, "Bill, what are you doing???" She sounded fed up.

I floated there with a blank face. I tried to think of something to do. I didn't want my surprise breakfast to be revealed.

I finally just floated out into the living room and stopped in front of her with a fake happy expression on. "Oh, nothin really, doll," I said, using my nickname for her.

She looked at me with her eyes slightly narrowed. "Then what was all that noise?" she said. I could tell she wasn't buying it.

"Mmm...what noise?" I said quickly, not looking at her face.

"The pots and pans crashing to the floor???" she said incredulously. "You know what I'm talking about. Don't toy with me," she said, her brow furrowing.

My eye widened and I was looking everywhere except her face. I didn't have any other comebacks... "I...uh-" I began, trying to think of something else to say. Eventually I sighed and looked towards the ground. "I was...I was trying to make you breakfast..." I admitted.

Your POV:

My expression softened. "You were...." I began, "...Trying to make me breakfast??" I repeated him. He nodded, still not looking me in the face. "Sorry there was so much noise," he said. "I figured that I should probably do something nice for you for a change," he said, looking up at me. I looked back at him and smiled a little to myself.

Suddenly, he floated away from me and back into the kitchen. I hesitated a moment before following him.

As I walked into the kitchen, my eyes widened slightly. My kitchen had been transformed into a minefield of pots and pans. The walls by the stove were spattered with pancake batter and the counters were covered in flour. I looked over at Bill, who was now hovering by the stove, looking down at a pan that I assumed had a pancake cooking in it.

I bent down and began picking up the pots and pans off of the ground and putting them back where they went. When that task was finished I got a dishcloth wet and began cleaning the walls and countertops. Bill kept looking from the pancake that he was currently making, to me and back again.

Soon, both tasks were finished. Bill had finished making pancakes and I had finished cleaning. Bill had me sit down at the table as he set a plate full of pancakes of all different shapes and sizes in front of me. He went to go get the butter and syrup (or whatever you like to have on pancakes) and set them down in front of me. I smiled at him and he smiled back. Or at least, he had a happy expression, since he couldn't really smile.

He left me alone while I ate. The pancakes he had made were surprisingly good, seeing as he had never made any kind of food for me before.

3rd Person POV:

After the meal, you got up from your seat and put your plate in the sink. You walked off to go find Bill and thank him. You found him upstairs in the room you had given him to be his own, though he didn't use it much. Oftentimes, he spent more time in your room than he did in his. But there he was, sitting there in his room.

You walked in, catching his attention. "Thanks for breakfast." you said, smiling at him. He looked at you. "No problem, doll," he said happily and floated up to you. Hesitantly, you leaned forward and gave him a small peck above his bowtie, where you assumed his mouth would be if he had one. His eye widened. You pulled back and smiled at him again before walking to your room to get dressed, leaving him there in the doorway, speechless for once.

Ok yep, this one was short and sweet. Only one thousand one hundred thirty words I think? But yeah, I hope you enjoyed it! I'll get right back with another one, hopefully longer next time. Also, everyone, if you have an idea for a chapter in this one shot book, then tell me please :) , I'd be happy to write it. I'll write it and then link your account to it, to give yu credit for the idea. (Please tell me if you dint want me doing this on your chapter) And even if it's not an x reader idea, I'll write it and put it in here as a special chapter :D I hope you guys enjoyed this one shot, ans I hope you'll vote for it. Comment and vote if you liked it! Thank you for reading it! Love you all! Bye until next time!