Awkward

Tommy-

He never thought he'd be annoyed being tied to Christopher's bed, but after eight hours of being handcuffed because he'd tried to get up and go bathroom instead of letting Chris put in a catheter, he was frustrated... and really had to pee.

When the door to the infirmary opened and Christopher walked in, having just finished his evening rounds, Tommy opened his mouth to tell him that enough was enough. His words died on his tongue, however, as he saw the man sag against the wall by the door and heave an exhausted sigh. Tommy knew that he'd been working nearly nonstop since the incident the day before. Things didn't stop just because someone got a bad injury. It had just added onto his normally-crazy day.

Not to mention he has to stay at the jail until I'm completely out of the woods, which will be at least three more days... and I have his damn bed. He thought, his mood souring further at the thought of Christopher having slept on one of the small uncomfortable cots meant for patients. Not that his bed was that comfortable, but it was definitely better than those plank-like mattresses.

Instead of trying to talk again, Tommy just remained silent and watched as Christopher rubbed at his black circled, hooded eyes and walked over to drop down into the chair in front of his large work desk. He had been given the man's kindle to read if he wished, but Tommy wasn't much of a reader. Sure he liked books, but his chest hurt and he was just unable to focus enough to follow a story.

"You should be asleep right now." Christopher mumbled as he continued filling out his daily charts on the inmates he'd seen that day. Tommy probably would have been asleep if he didn't have to pee so badly and wasn't worried about Christopher not getting another night of sleep.

When he didn't reply for several minutes, Christopher finished off the sheet he was working on, set it aside in his outgoing basket, then turned to meet his eyes. You look so much more tired than I feel, Tommy thought immediately.

"Are you going to let me put that catheter in yet, or are you going to piss yourself because you're too damn proud to have it?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

He was generally a proud person, and that was one reason, but the main one was that it was Christopher. He'd been crushing on the darn guy for so long. He didn't want his first glimpse of him half naked to be for such an embarrassing thing. He remained silent for another minute before Christopher's narrowing eyes forced him to respond. "I can't." His voice cracked with the two words as he turned his head away from Christopher.

When it felt like at least half an hour had passed, though he doubted it had been more than a few minutes, he heard Christopher return to his work. Tommy tried to ignore his body's need to relieve itself, but as soon as he heard Christopher finally stand from his desk, he couldn't keep his head from turning toward him.

His breath hitched when he noticed that Christopher was standing only a few feet away, staring at him as if he were contemplating something important. Please. Tommy begged with his eyes.

He thought the man would just ignore him again, or worse, try to put in the catheter anyways. Technically, Christopher could get him in a lot of trouble for refusing his orders, especially because they were perfectly plausible to the situation. What Christopher did, however, was a surprise Tommy didn't expect.

Christopher slid his long white doctor's coat off and let it drop onto the back of an exam table before striding over to him and leaning over, unlocking the cuff that kept Tommy in bed. Dropping the open cuffs to the blanket, he glared down at Tommy, making him shrink back slightly in his mind. He couldn't really perform the gesture without hurting his injury, but the look Christopher was giving him as he removed the fluid needle from his hand and the heart monitor patch, then gently slid his arms beneath Tommy's body, worried him.