Cranberries

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ONCE UPON A TIME OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS BESIDES MIA! I ALSO DO REFERENCE TO DIFFERENT TV SHOWS, BOOKS, MOVIES ETC. I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THOSE EITHER! SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SUE! I LIKE NOT BEING IN PRISON!

Hello everyone! Some of you may know me from my Twilight, Harry Potter, and Sons of Anarchy Fanfictions, well I got an idea for an Once Upon a Time Fanfiction so I decided to give this fandom a try! Hopefully you guys will enjoy it! :)

I want to thank you guys for all of the support I have gotten just from the first chapter! I have gotten some really good feed back so far and I hope you all will continue to support me as this story continues.

That's all I have to say for now, so I hope you guys enjoy chapter 4 of 'The Charming Daughter of Mr. Gold'

That night Dr. Whale had run several tests on Mia, making sure that she didn't receive any major head or brain injuries from the fall. All the test came back okay, and everything seemed to be fine minus a headache and of course her brief loss of memory. Whale told Mr. Gold that it wasn't anything to worry about at that time, but he did want Mia to stay at the hospital for monitoring to make sure.

So that was were Mia was that morning, her dad stayed with her up all night. Since they arrived at the hospital Mia had for some reason become very clingy, She refused to let go of her dad's hand, and would start to tear up when she had to leave him to go have tests done. So when it was time for him to go open the shop, Gold had to practically pry his hand out of his daughter's, promising over and over that he would be by during lunch and also after work. It took a while and some more convincing but soon she reluctantly let go of her father's hand, told him to have a good day and smiled as he left the room.

After he left Mia needed something to distract herself from the feeling of abandonment, so she reached over to the nightstand beside her bed and pulled out the mysterious necklace that she had found around her neck. She stared down at it, playing with the silver chain, and running her fingers over the inscription on the back.

"I will always find you."

She had heard that phrase before but she wasn't sure where... Maybe it was from a movie... Or even a book. Either way it was bothering her, and it was the only thing she could think about.

Before she could think about it anymore she heard someone clear their throat from beside her. Mia looked up and saw her roommate had woken up. Yes she had a roommate, her dad had not been happy about it but Dr. Whale thought it would be good for Mia and the other patient to spend time with each other since they were both suffering from memory loss. Her roommate was none other than the former John Doe, David Nolan.

David smiled at the girl and gave her a small wave, "Good morning. Your name is Mia right?"

Mia gave him a small smile and a nod in return, "Good morning Mr. Nolan."

David chuckled and shook his head, "You don't have to call me Mr. Nolan, we are going to be spending a lot of time together so you can just call me David."

The young girl nodded and then looked back down at the necklace in her lap, letting herself go back into her thoughts. It didn't last long because once again David brought her back to reality, "So my wife told me I love cranberry muffins." He stated and she looked over at him and saw him staring at the wall in front of them thoughtfully, "I tried one last night and I almost threw up." He chuckled and shook his head.

Mia scrunched her face and shook her head quickly, "Ew! I don't like cranberries" She exclaimed with a giggle, "I like chocolate chip muffins a lot better."