Epilogue

I remember calling my parents and telling them that there had been an accident. I barely remember calling the cops and going home. I have the faintest memories of a rainy funeral and burying Adrien beside his mom. What I remember vividly is finding things of his in my room. A belt. A sock. A shirt. I can recall tucking them away together in a box and sliding it under my bed.

I was still depressed, and sometimes I lost my will to live. There were days when I wanted nothing more than to die and go see Adrien again. But he didn't want that. So I never did grab the pill bottle. I flushed them all down the toilet one day, remembering that there were more important things in life. Life itself was more important.

A year after his passing, Mr. Agreste asked of me a favor. Going through Adrien's old clothes, he found an assortment of t-shirts and asked me to make a quilt from them.

So I did. I set to work on cutting and stitching, hemming and quilting, and finally, when it was finished, embroidery. I embroidered the tiniest cat paw in the corner of the quilt, practically unnoticeable to anyone except me.

As for Ladybug? Ladybug was gone now, her other half required in order to fight crime. But that was okay, because now I was just Marinette, a teenager with problems just like everyone else.

I still haven't moved on from Adrien, his eyes, his smile, or his terrible puns, so there aren't any little Adriens running around, or even a potential father. But that was okay with me. Maybe later in life.

But for now I would be a Princess forever longing for her Cat.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey everyone! I really hope you enjoyed this little fic of mine! It's not my first fanfic, only my first published one, (trust me, you don't want to read the others,) and I worked really hard on it. Anyway, if anyone is looking for more to read, check out my profile, (I will shamelessly self advertise I'm sorry,) and you'll find a series of one shots, a short story, a collection of emotional crap writing, and an original I'm working on. Thanks!

ALSO

I feel like I should have a name for all you guys! We've gotten over 10k reads (and counting) and it's all thanks to you! Soooooo if you have any ideas, comment, and I'll (eventually) post any ideas I have and what I decide. Love y'all!