Gayatri:  Venky a girl has to go...even I cannot imagine the house without her, but we cannot keep her home.

Amms:  Venky...come on...if you fall so weak, how will Nandu cope up?

Sushma (Aarya's mom):  Haan bhaisahab you need to be strong..this is the way how it has to be..

The elders are sitting quietly, each with his own thought, when all the youngsters barge into the room and are greeted by dead silence.

Manik:  (confusingly) Kya hua dad? Why this silence?

Before anyone can say anything, Dadi speaks up.

Dadi:  Arrey abhi tak we all were talking...maybe now everyone is tired. Chalo bacchon khana kha lete hai...

Lalit:  Venky, Anand let us take a walk by the pool...

Venky:  Hmm...chalo.

Nandu (going to her Appa):  Appa you are looking so pale.  Are you not well?  Shall we go to the doctor?

Venky:  (kissing her forehead) I am perfectly alright.  Just need thoda fresh air.  You guys start dinner, we will join in some time.

Cabir:  Mom anything serious? (after the three leave for a walk at the poolside)

Mom:  No re...Chalo let us have dinner...Cabir help me serve your signature dishes.

Manik makes a note to ask his mom later.  The three dads come back after 15 minutes and everyone has dinner and finally everyone leaves for their homes.

The Murthy's are bidding goodbye and Lalit and Venky hug each other.  Venky sees Nandu and Manik looking at each other.

Venky:  Manik, why don't you drop Nandu? 

Nandu:  It is okay Appa, I will come with you all.

Manik:  Yes Appa.  We will meet tomorrow ...

Venky:  No, no today is your special day.  You drop her.

Manik and Nandu are confused and so are others.

Venky:  Lalit, need some time before I compose myself.  Because I know the moment we reach home, she is going to bombard me with questions about my mood in the party.  For once I wish she has a night out. 

Lalit:  You do not worry Venky.  (Calling out to Cabir and Aarya):  Do you guys have any important plan for tomorrow? If not then do a night out with Nandu and Manik at the apartment.  Take Nav and your other friends also.

Cabir:  (puzzled) Sure dad.  We always are looking out reasons for hanging out.  But kya hua hai?

Venky:  Woh I am just a jittery about Nandu's wedding..cannot handle the fact that she will not be at home.  I know it is silly, but still...I just need time to compose myself. I do not wish to fall weak in front of her.  She has waited for this for a long time. I do not want to dampen her spirits.  I know I am overreacting but cannot help it.

Cabir (seeing Manik and Nandu leaving in Manik's car):  Manik, ruk party karte hai.

Nandu:  No I cannot, need to go home.

Aarya:  Appa se permission le li hai humne.

Appa: Haan beta, go enjoy.

Finally everyone disperses.

Nandu:  Manik, Appa was acting a bit strange na.

Manik:  All parents were acting a bit strange.

Nandu (smiling):  Woo hoo...we are going to the apartment.  Rashmi and Anushka are not coming ..waise theek hi hai...

Manik:  Hmm...