~ Chapter 4 ~ I Still Love Him

"Thank you Alaska." Jimmy smiled before running off to his group of friends to show off his new face paint.

More and more kids started to circle around me as I started painting Alexis's face. I was working at a fundraiser today. Most of the kids that are at my daycare are here, then there's awhile bunch of other kids.

There's multiple booths with information and fun things for kids to do scattered about. Two booths down Jasmine was standing at our booth giving out information about our daycare service. We we're trying to expand our ages but for that to happen we'd need a bigger space, and at the moment neither of us have the money to do so.

"Alaska!" A familiar voice chirped. I looked up to see Marcy.

"Hi Marcy." I gave her a quick hug before finishing the turtle on Alexis cheek.

"Mommy can I get my face painted!" Marcy jumped up and down and looked at her mom.

Alexis left and so did the kids surrounding me.

"Hey Alaska." Bethany hugged me.

"Hey Beth how's the baby?" I looked up at her and smiled.

"He's doing fine. I just can't wait till he come out ya know." She smiled. I nodded my head. "You don't mind painting her face do you?"

"No of course not." I looked at Marcy who was now sitting in my chair. "What would you like?" I switched brushes.

"A butterfly with sparkles!" She chirped.

"Ok." I turned her face slightly. "Close your eye." I waited for her to close her eye. When she did I got to work.

"I'll be right back. I need to find my sister." Bethany told Marcy and she nodded her head before her mother left.

After a few minutes I has finished her butterfly with sparkles. Right when I finished Bethany, Laura, and Adonis walked up to Marcy.

"Look mommy!" Marcy pooped up to the chair to show her mom.

"Wow that's amazing?" Laura gushed. "Alaska you do a great job!" She looked up at me.

"It's no big deal." I shrugged and cleaned off my brushes.

"You should work at parties." She tucked her blond hair behind her ear.

"It's just a side job." I kept eye from Adonis's gaze on me.

"Can you paint a nose and whiskers on my face?" She sat down in the chair.

"Uhh.. Sure." I grabbed my brush and black paint.

"Oh! Where's my manners?!" She slapped her forehead. "Alaska this is my husband, Adonis. The one who failed to bring Marcy to daycare." She looked angrily up at him. "Honey this is Alaska." She motioned to me.

"Nice to meet you." I nodded my head and quickly painted her nose and whiskers. When she left my chair he plopped down in I so I was forced to look at him.

I gulped slightly. "H-hi." I tried looking away from him. I felt his hand wrap around my wrist and pull my hand away from my mouth.

Crap!

I blushed slightly and tucked my hair behind my ears.

"Could you paint a flame on my cheek?" She pointed to which cheek he wanted on.

"I-"

"I wanted to get something to eat." Laura complained.

"Yeah me too." Marcy whined.