bad.....customer?

I laugh as I turn to my client, lifting my 190SH MAC brush to her face to blend out the dots of foundation that I have scattered across it.

The tall, freckle faced blonde, said in her high pitched voice, "So it's your first time working this counter?"

I winced at the "working the counter" part, it sounded like she were trying to say "working the corner" which I most definitely would NEVER do. I get offended way too easily to be a freelance worker, but I figure that it's worth a shot anyhow.

I finish blending before I press on some bill nye banana powder to bake her face, "eh, yeah. My first day actually."

She beams at that, which irritates me since even the slightest movement of her face could totally mess up the whole look.

"You think I could get a job here?" she says this while twirling a piece of hair around her finger, definitely a snobby blonde who's used to getting her way.

"I mean maybe. But I would suggest practicing doing your own makeup before getting into an actual career...."

As soon as I say it I know it might sound a little mean, but it's true! She can't even do her own makeup, which is why I'm here doing it for her.

The rest of her makeover is spent in silence, until I finally say, "Okay. All done."

Without looking in the mirror, she hands over $75.

I smile and thank her, but she just leaves. I turn and wince at Gina, the girl who introduced me to this job opening, "I don't think I get along too well with the customers.."

She laughs, "None of us do. Most of us are just better at hiding it."

"Oh." I mumble, looking down. If I would've known it was so mainstream to not like a customer, I would have shaved off half her eyebrow and pulled all her hair out claiming it were 'common courtesy'.

I clean up my half of the counter and grab my phone, shoving it into my front pocket, "I'm gonna head out. See you tomorrow."

Gina waves me goodbye and smiles.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As I walk through the door my mom persuades me to sit at the table and eat an apple, she harrasses me with the usual, "You're always too busy to eat," and "It's healthy, listen to me!, It's healthy!".

Usually I would just walk past, but today I actually am starving, and considering I no longer work at Petsmart, where I was forced to work all freaking day (although most of the time I just slept in the reptile aisle), I do have the time to eat.

"Finally coming to our senses I see," she says as I have a seat and bite into the apple.

I try to say yes, but the apple gets in the way, and instead spit just flies everywhere.

My mother glares at me as she hurries to clean up the chunk of apple I spit across the kitchen, "Germaphobe!" I mock as I finish chewing my last bite of apple.

"How was your first day?" She asks, still wiping down the spot where my apple had landed.

"This snobby little..."

She cuts me off, "nice words Hannah!"

"Beach. Came in..." I continued, using fake curse words so I wouldn't get in trouble, "But I still made her pretty. I'm a true charity worker."

My mother sighs, i've always been a disappointment to her, mainly because i'm not the good kid she's always hoped for, i'm more of a trouble maker. She also hates makeup, which I love, so as you can tell, we often don't get along.

I go upstairs to my room, deciding that one sigh from my mother is enough for today, and plop down on my bed, scrolling through my instagram feed.

I'm watching a girl draw on her eyebrows(and let me tell you, they look PERFECT) when a text pops up on my screen from Gina.

Gina: be carefull, tommorow important ppl are coming in on ur side...

Me: woo freaking hoo

I stick out my lip and grumble, hate hate hate grumpy customers, and that's the way all of this want-to-be rich people are.

Tommorow is going to be the time of my life :-(