Score!

I watched as the beauty guru, Sophia, drew on a clown face with her contour palette. Sophia let out a laugh and said, "Okay guys, this is the final look!"

Then quickly, as expected, she informed her viewers she was actually joking, and began to blend everything out.

I paused the video as soon as she set down her beauty blender and drummed my fingers across the laptop keyboard. She has two million subs. That's a lot if you think about it. My biggest dream is to be a makeup artist, a real one. Of course, it's easy to get the beginners jobs, but I want to be doing the kardashians makeup, not just everyday pedestrian's.

Just imagine; I pick up my morphe M214 brush and use it to dab in the too faced concealer that I just recently applied on Kim Kardashian. Kim shrieks, "Hannah, my makeup looks great already."

"I know it does, I know it does Kim."

My mind blurs back into reality as I realize it's time to go to my real job as a cashier at petsmart. I know, I really should be doing Kim's makeup instead of ringing up dog food, but I guess i'll just have to settle for now, after all, without this job I wouldn't have my outstanding makeup collection.

I slip on my blue uniform with my big "Hello, my name is Hannah" tag on it and hurry down the stairs.

"Hannah! Grab an apple, you've been so focused on your face all day that you haven't had enough time to eat!" She shouts after me as I jog out the front door, I do a twirl and shout back, "Don't have time for eating right now mom! I'll think about it later." then slam the door shut behind me.

---------------------------------------------------

I jolt awake to a tap on my shoulder, "Wipe the slobber off the side of your mouth, and for god's sake, stop falling asleep in the reptile aisle!"

I look up, startled as I realize my manager is standing, sneering down at me.

As I continue waking up I remember curling up in a ball on the dirty floor of pet-smart and dozing off into a much needed slumber.

I wipe my mouth, as told, then look up pitifully, "Sorry. Was just keeping the little bud's company." I say, reaching up and tapping a leopard gecko display.

My manager, James, rips off my name tag, shoving into his right pocket, "Well you can visit them as a customer."

I blink a few times, my mouth dropping open, "Are you..........firing me?"

James sighs, then walks off mumbling something about dumb white girls not knowing anything.

I let out a VERY loud groan, which attracted the eyes of many customers, then slam back into the floor.

"Ow. Mother Shipper!" I shout in pain, the floor is definitely not soft. Definitely. Not. Soft.

I stand up and slowly sulk my way out of the store, I always hated this job, I still do, but fired? Now how am I supposed to get  money to support my ongoing makeup addiction? And Jeffree Star is about to come out with his first brush set too....

Deciding that all I need to cure my current sadness some good old retail therapy, i head over to Makeup Forever.

----------------------------------------------------

As soon as I enter the store, all I can smell is freshly packaged makeup. Heaven. That's what this is.

I walk through the highlighter aisle first, which is my personal favorite. I mean, if I don't shine, then what's the point in looking good at all? Or living if i'm being real.

While strolling out of that aisle across the store to another, (with two foundations, one bronzer, three highlighters and one concealer in hand), I hear someone shouting my way.

I turn around to be met with a gorgeous female.

And may I say...

Wings.

On.
Fleek.

"Uhhh.." I stammer, at a lack of words due to how freaking good her makeup looks.

She smiles, flashing pearly whites, "We have a makeup class tommorow for beginning freelancers. You look like you could use some help," she says, while over dramatically cringing at my smeared mascara and ruined contour.

The reptile aisle really has an effect on my looks, 10/10 would not recommend spending time in there.

The concealer I planned on buying slips through a small crack between my arm and stomach, falling onto the ground with a loud *smack!*

I laugh nervously, pondering on how I am going to pick it up, I do a funky dance that consists of moving as far as possible towards the tiny box, bending my knees one way, and then the other, in repetitive motions.

The girl stares at me for a few moments, then points at the concealer, "I'll get that."

She picks it up and places it back on top of the large pile in my arms.

"So..", she says, staring into my soul , "Are you interested?"

I cough, then turn to her and say hurriedly, "Yeah...I...I'd love to! Freelance! I do it all the time! All...The...Time. I'm in! Definitely i, definitely do freelance, all the time."

She laughs at me, "Yeah. Thats......obvious. First class is at 11am tommorow."

I smile at her, then hurry and hobble off to the cashier.

I am so awkward, and I have so never done freelance in my life. Ever. And from the sarcasm in her tone, im guessing she knows that.

Lets hope that cheating at freelance is as easy as cheating on an english test!