He smiled and linked his hands behind his head. “I told mom that you’re my girlfriend.”

“Oh.”

After a pause…

“What!? What did she say?” I was leaning up on my forearms and staring at him with wide eyes.

“She said ‘That’s nice honey, now could you please pass me that plate over there.’”

That’s what she said?” I said, “She wasn’t surprised?”

West thought about it, “Nope, not at all.”

I sank back on the pillow and stared at the ceiling. The silence wasn’t really awkward anymore. I could hear West breathing steadily. I played with a wet strand of my hair (do recall that I had just come from the shower) and started thinking of what to say to the devilishly handsome boy beside me. I had always felt really annoyed with myself when I can’t even initiate one simple conversation. I always become too nervous. I say the wrong things and the person I’m trying to befriend would excuse themselves. It was tough. School life’s tough, but at least I managed to make such great friends… Come to think of it, I haven’t contacted them since last week…

 I peeked at the corner of my eye and saw West fast asleep. Leaning up on my elbow I stared at his handsome face. I turned and lied on my stomach and propped my elbows on the bed, cupping my face as I stared admiringly at him. I wondered why I was never attracted to anyone other than him. I’ve met a lot of people who change crushes more than once. But I’ve never even thought of liking someone besides West. "I wish I could tell my friends about this miraculous event. I don’t think they’d believe me if I told them that I’m finally West Gray’s girlfriend," I said to myself.

I love you Naomi

I smiled as I remembered him telling me that in the middle of a crowd. I grinned at his sleeping face and said, “Goodnight West.” I leaned in and kissed his cheek.

Well… I was supposed to kiss his cheek when he suddenly turned and I ended up kissing him on the lips.

I was about to pull away when his hand reached up to get tangled in my hair, holding my mouth prisoner to his gentle assault. He’s AWAKE!

But my angry embarrassment died immediately because of the kiss. Have I mentioned what a good kisser he is?

His lips were gentle yet also sweetly rough. My brain had melted and I was soon instinctively responding to him. I heard him half chuckle and half groan before he slowed the kiss and lightly pulled away. My breathing was heavy, and my mind stopped working, but I managed to open my eyes, only to find him grinning sexily. “What were you doing kitty?”

“Why… do…you keep calling me that?” I breathed.

“Because I want to,” and with that he sank back onto the pillow.

West Gray

You wouldn’t believe how hard it was not to break into a grin when you’re pretending to be asleep while the girl you like stares at you and starts mumbling to herself. But honestly, I never would’ve expected her to kiss me. I told myself I wouldn’t do anything. But it is quite hard when she has way too many openings, most of which are very difficult to ignore. Seriously, when she lied down beside me, my mind raced into multiple choices on making a move on her. I felt really ashamed. She’s so sweet and innocent. So inexperienced with guys that it really surprised me when I had so much difficulty making myself break the kiss. Truth be told, my heart had went mad when she started kissing me back. Her shy yet drugging kisses had double the effect experienced girls would’ve had on me. Why is that? I really don’t get it.