Chapter 16 || Movie marathon

Jordynn's POV

"Ashton, who was that?" I ask as we step into his car

"That was Luke" he responds
"Calum told me about you two"

"I wanted to see him again, just not like this" I hang my head

"It's ok" He reassures me

"No it's not! Did you see the look on his face!" I tilt my head back to avoid tears spilling out from my eyes. Although I don't remember him, I feel a certain connection between us.
"I have to stop breaking his heart! He thought I was dead for fucks sake!"

Ashton's POV

Seeing her like this was unbearable. She was in pain and there was nothing I could do or say to help her. Calum had told me the whole story, from the accident to the amnesia and every detail in between. He had told me just after Luke had run off. I now finally understand why he was so distant and depressed when had met him. He still had those days sometimes, where he would lay around and just stare off into the distance, not saying a word to any of us.

"How about we head back to my place and watch some movies?" I ask her. That was all that I could think of to cheer her up. It always worked on me.

She gave a small nod. I turned the key causing the engine of the car to roar to life.

I pull out of the small parking space and weave through rows of cars, heading toward the exit of the large grey car park. I blast the air conditioning as soon as we exit, feeling a wave of heat hit us.

"I can't even remember the last time i was this hot!" Jordynn fans her face with her hands trying to cool herself down

The sun blazes down from a cloudless blue sky. Sweat glistening on my forehead and a need for a large drink to soothe my unquenchable thirst, a warm or hot breeze blows my curly brown hair in all directions, sticking to my forheads and neck. The bitumen on the road melting, the heat shimmering off the baked ground...

After a while we pull up in my drive way I get out of the car and as soon as my bare feet hit the concrete surface it instantly sizzles them. I quickly grab our suitcases from the boot and sprint towards the shaded verandah.

"Coming?!" I call out to Jordynn who is fiddling with something in the front seat of the car.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, sorry I kinda just blanked out or minute" she laughs before stepping out of the car and walking over to where I was. I press the doorbell a few times and am greeted by Harry, my younger brother.

"Ash! You're back!" He squeals before running and giving me a hug. Next was my sister Lauren.

"Hey Laur!" I say

"Hey Ash!" She gives me a tight hug

"Mum's in the kitchen- who's this?" She asks as she peers behind me at Jordynn

"Oh, that's Jordynn!"I chirp "I met her on the plane, she's going to stay and watch movies for a bit"

"Ooh cool! Can I join?"  She asks

"Sure!" I reply

"Oh oh me too!" Harry jumps up and down

"Yeah ok just let us in!" I laugh at the overexcited twelve year old

"Ash! Honey!" My mum springs out from the kitchen door, embracing me in a tight hug "i missed you! You are never going away for that long again!"

"Mum, this is my friend Jordynn" i introduce her

"Well hello there! Aren't you pretty!" Mum gushes making Jordynn blush

"Nice to meet you" Jordynn says sweetly