Chapter 1

Picture above is how i picture Jaxon. This is my first ever story so sorry if it sucks.

Tatum's POV
I was running to find an open feild. Ive been running a lot lately. Me and Jaxon. Jaxon is my little brother he is only three years old and im sixteen. Its hard being on my own with Jaxon because since hes so little, around three feet and one inch tall he cant defend himself or run very fast, but i would protect him with my life and thats what i intend to do.

I only had two bullets for my gun. It is a beautiful gun though. Silver and blue, it was my dad's before the world went to shit. I had a my favorite pocket knife in my boot, it is bright green with zombies on it, how ironic. Attached to my belt is a nice hunting knife. The handle made of deer antlers. On my back I have a katana that has a blue and green pattern on it. Strapped to my leg is a throwing knife, ive never been good at throwing knifes, but who knows i might need it one day.

Jaxon since he is only 3 doesnt really have any weapons. I do make him have a knife in his boot that is black with a sharp rigid edge, it used to be mine since i collected knifes. On his belt is another knife. Its about 8 inches long having Chinese designs on the cover and blade. It was our father's. And the other knife he has is strapped to his leg. Its a littler knife and not to sharp having deer designs on it. It was our older brothers, Noah's.

I know for him only being 3, he has a lot of knifes but you never know what will happen. Ive been teaching him recently how to hold the knife and hes doing a pretty good job for his age. Hes about to kill his first 'walker.' Thats what we call them because one day Jaxon came up with it and i thought it fit them well.

We were running to an open field so Jaxon could try killing his first walker. Since he's so small he can't reach the head of any walker, so i told him to either A) trip them then attack and shove the knife in their head or B) climb the nearest tree and strike them in the head. I thought that plan A sounded a lot easier so for his first time, we are going to try it.

"Okay. Jaxon listen carfully. Im going to distract the walker and you are going to go behind it and trip him. Got it?" I asked.

"O-Okay... Tatum i-i-im scared."
I bent down to his level, so i could see his adorable Forrest green eyes, blonde hair that was a little shaggy. His forrest green shirt to match our surroundings, incase of any uninvited company. His dark blue jeans that fit him snug. And his brown hunting boots with little deer on them, that we found in a store we raided.

He looked back at me. In my green eyes that matched his. My dirty face that had specks of blood. My black shirt that was tore and had tons of dried walker and human blood and also read 'led Zeppelin' i had found it in a house that we stayed in a while back for a few days. My dark blue jeans the same color as Jaxon's only tore and cut in multiple spots and also fit pretty snug.

"Jaxon you will be okay. I'm going to be right here to help you." I tried reasoning.

"O-Okay." He studdered.

I heard a twig snap and instinctively raised my gorgues blue and green katana. It was the walker we were running from so Jaxon could kill it. It was getting closer. So i hesitantly put my katana away and grabbed my smaller pocket knife from my boot.

"Jaxon. I'm going to distract him and you are going to trip him. Remember?" I asked, hoping he was ready. He nodded his head in response.

I starting walking backwards making quiet noises so i wouldnt catch the attention of more walkers. I watched as Jaxon was right behind him. But the walker was to focused on me to even notice him. He was nasty. His ribs were poking out indicating he hasnt ate in a long time. He was wearing a shirt similar to Jaxon but much dirtier. He had tons of cut marks all over his body. Maybe someone wanted to take their anger out and repeatedly stabbed him... and maybe thats how he died. He had one shoe on. Looked to be some sort of Nike or Jordan brand shoes. Expensive even.

I looked at Jaxon and he was looking at me. He has a look on his face as if asking me if it was time to trip him. I nodded.

Next thing i know the walker is falling forward. I look to Jaxon and yell "STAB HIM IN THE HEAD. NOW. AS HARD AS YOU CAN! YOU CAN DO IT BUDDY."

I watched as he brought the knife down and hesitated at first but with all his might he brought the knife down again to the walkers skull. The walker went limb and Jaxon yelled "I DID IT. TATUM LOOK I DID IT!"

I brought him into a big hug and said "you did bud you did."