Ch. 4

"Which one?" I asked, throwing a pair of pink pants next to a pair of red ones. They were going to go with a black t-shirt.

Wilford glanced at the outfit options, seemingly uninterested, before mumbling, "Pink."

"You would say pink." I teased.

He held his hands up in defence. "You asked!" He said.

I rolled my eyes before tossing the pink ones back into the closet and grabbing my clothes for the day, heading into the bathroom.

"Why in the world does one woman need so much clothing!?" He called.

"Natural instincts to make us feel better about ourselves, I guess." I said.

"I don't see why..." He mumbled. "You're already beautiful enough."

That caused me to blush. "W-what?" I asked.

"I mean, woman shouldn't worry about the way they look. That's the way they were supposed to look! They should be blessed."

Oh... "But some girls don't get that." I said, walking out of the bathroom. "Is my room ready yet?" I asked randomly.

"Oh, yeah..." He said.

I'd been in the factory for a week, now, and my room was always under construction, putting me to stay in Wilford's room, sleeping in his bed while he took the floor because he was always back so late.

"Y'know, it's quite irritating..." He mumbled, mostly to himself, I'm guessing, as he led the way to my room.

"What is?" I asked.

"That girls are so insecure..." He said, bringing us back to the previous topic.

I shrugged as he unlocked a door and opened it.

"There's no mattress in here, yet. The one that you were supposed to be sleeping on will be brought in here." He said.

I walked in, and my room was almost as big as his, my bed was, too.

"The bathroom is split between these two rooms, so it will be our bathroom." He explained. He smiled at the look on my face. "I noticed that you loved my room, so I tried to make a girlier version of it."

"If that was even possible, which, I don't think is..." I giggled.

"Hey! Do you like it, or not!? Because if you dont, then I could have this room torn apart, and then turned into a dungeon type of room!"

"As long as there's chains and whips involved..." I smirked at him.

His eyes widened before narrowing at me. "Charlotte! You are seventeen!"

"Yes! And you said so yourself, that this is a part of my life where I'm a cross between and child and an adult!" I giggled.

"And this is where that line comes into play." He rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

I wrapped my arms around him in a hug, burying my face into his chest. "I love it." I said. "Thank you."

He laughed, "You're welcome, darling." He said.

I turned back around and walked over to my closet, opening it. Some clothes were in it, but not everything.

I looked down at a set of blue drawers that was pushed in my closet, and noticed a bunch of sunglasses neatly laid out. I picked out a pair of big ones and put them on, turning back to Wilford and clapping, before I started to dance to imaginary music. I had the biggest grin on my face.

Wilford raised an eyebrow.

"Are they me?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Totally."

I slid over to him and took his hands in mine, trying to get him to dance a long with me.

He laughed and started dancing with me, twirling me, swaying with me, pulling me closer to him... we were just being really weird.

After a while, we were laying on the floor talking about candy.

"What about little chocolate buckets?" Wilford asked.

I looked at him. "With cream filling!" I said.

"Now you're onto something." He smiled at me.

"Wilford?" I asked, turning over onto my side to face him.

"Yes, darling?" He asked, turning only his head towards me.

"Why do you call me that?" I asked.

"Call you what?" He asked.

"Darling. And dear?" I asked.

"Do you not like it when I call you that?" He asked.

"Well, no. I actually quite like it..." I blushed and looked away from him.

"Then why are you asking?" I could practically hear his warm smile, and it melted my heart.

"Because... it's sweet. No one's ever called me those before." I mumbled.

"No one's ever noticed how truly gorgeous you are." He whispered.

My eyes widened as I turned my head back to him.

"No one's ever felt honored to know you. No one's ever felt honored to have you next to them. To have the ability to call you those..." He went on, never breaking the eye contact he had started.

My face felt even warmer. "W-Wilford..." I stuttered.

He turned onto his side, facing me, and set a hand on my cheek. "Charlotte, darling..." He mumbled before bringing his lips to mine.

My eyes slowly slipped closed as I brought my hand to his chest.

We were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Excuse me..." Wilford said after he pulled away.

I sat up with him, and watched him stand, and then leave.

After a couple of minutes of sitting on the floor, staring at the door where Wilford had left, in shock, I stood and ran my hands through my hair, and then down my face.

Wilford walked in. "Darling, I need you to do me a favore." He said, seriously. He stalked over to me and grabbed my shoulders, turning me to face him, before grabbing my hands. He brought my hands to his face and kissed my knuckles. "I need you to stay here for the night. Do not leave this room. I will visit every now and then, and I will have our workers come and deliver your every needs." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Do not worry about it, my dear. But I need you to promise me you will not leave this room for the night." He looked me in the eyes with a pleading look.

"I promise, Wilford." I whispered, staring back into his eyes.

"Thank you." He pulled me closer and quickly kissed my lips before turning and leaving the room once more.

What was that about?