Chapter Nine

Hayley's P.O.V.

I ran until I reached my house, slammimg the door. I sort of just stood there for a second and pressed my back against the wall until I slid down onto my butt, hughing my legs and crying into my knees. All of a minute later the doorbell rang. "Hayley?!" Taylor yelled through the door. "Hayley please," he said a bit quieter. I stood up and opened the door, to see a crying Taylor looking at me. I have not once seen Taylor York cry. Until now. "Hayley..." he said to me barely hearable. "It wasn't my fault Hayles I sware. It was Em-"

"Look, I don't want to hear excuses. This happened once and once was enough. But from you? I never would've thought. Of all people T," I said coldly, in a close to yelling voice. I started to close the door but Taylor prevented me from doing so by sticking his foot out.

"Please just hear me out Hayles....." he started. I opened the door wider and screamed at Taylor.

"LEAVE ME ALONE! I'M DISGUSTED BY JUST LOOKING AT YOU! I NEVER WANT TO YOU AGAIN!" And with that I slammed the door, instantly regretting saying what I did. I was about to open the door again and goafter him, but I found myself packing a bag containing money, clothes, and any other thing I might need while away for a couple of days. I got in my car and drove down to the only place I could think of.

Once I got to Jeremy and Kat's house, I got out of the car, leaving my bag in the front seat. I rang the doorbell and in a split second later, Jeremy showed up at the door. I must've still been crying because he immediately pulled me into a hug. "What happened, Hayles?" He asked.

"T...he, he cheated," I choked out. I never thought I would say that before. Jeremy's face flushed.

"He wouldn't....." he started. But my eyes must've sent him some sort of message because he snapped out of it and said, "Well Hayles, you are always welcome here, I'll get your stuff," he said.

"It's fine, I got it," I told him. "Thanks Jeremy," I said trying to stop the tears from falling. He smiled and Iwalked out to het my bag.

--------

Jeremy's P.O.V.

'Dude wat did u do 2 Hayles??' I texted Taylor. Almost immadietly he responded.

'Nothing, that Emma chick tried 2 eat me' it said.

'I've never seen her so sad, u better fix this' I told him.

'I tried but she said she nvr wants 2 see me again' he texted me.

'Fix. It. My little sis is hurt' I demanded.

'Tell that to Emma'

'Ugh u'

'Jerm, I luv Hayles and would nvr hurt her' he texted.

'Well its braking me seeing her hurt'

Hayley walked in the door and I quickly put my phone away. I gave her a soft smile and said, " Come on, lets put that in the guest room,"

"Okay," she softly responded. Just then Kat walked in.

"Hey Hayles, everything okay Jerm?" She asked.

"Yeah, Hayley is going to stay here tonight," I told her, and with that, Kat didn't seem to need to know why Hayley was here. I will probably tell her later. Right now, I just need to make Hayley feel loved, safe, and happy no matter what it meant to get her there as her brother.

--------

Hayley's P.O.V.

I stayed at Jeremy and Kat's house that night and when I decided to leave, I left when they were still sleeping leaving a text on Kat's phone. It read, 'Thanks for everything, left early, love u guys' Then after I was washed up and dressed, I drove to my house. Before I could get to the door, something started to tug on the bag. Then I felt a hot breath on my shoulder. All of a sudden, I screamed. I turned to face that Emma girl, who was about five inches from my face. "What do you want?" I asked her coldly.

"I want you to back off of Taylor," she said.

"What? I dumped him!"

"Okay good. Now he is mine," I got angry and irritated when she said this.

"He doesn't love you," I said quietly.

Before I knew it, I was pushed to the ground by Emma. She got on top of me and started to try to choke me, muting my screams for help. I tried to kick her with my knees but she was too strong. Suddenly, after what seemed like hours of choking and scratching me, she was yanked off me and was thrown beside me.

"How dare you lay a hand on her!" Kat screamed. I layed there, worn out, trying to catch my breath.

"Hayley are you okay?!" Jeremy asked me. I nodded my head yes. Even though I wasn't. Jeremy leaned down and helped me sit up. He kissed my head and told me it would be okay.

"What happened?" I heard another voice ask. Taylor stood there looking scared and I told him to go away.

"T, let's talk later," Jeremy said. T looked at me with a worried look and I wanted to run up and kiss him but I knew I couldn't. He didn't move. "Come on, I will walk with you home," I knew he was up to something.

"Kat?" He asked her. She knew what he wanted and she signaled that with her head nodding.

As soon as the guys left, Kat looked over at Emma, who was standing up a bit to confidently.

"Now you. You get the heck out of here before I call the cops! Now! I never want to see your face again!" She screamed. I've never heard her scream before. Emma quickly walked away looking quite happy, as if she got what she wanted...which she might have.

"Come on Hayley," she said holding out her hand.

--------

Jeremy's P.O.V.

"Jeremy I love her. Do you know how hard it is to see the one you love hurt?"

"I know, I know," I told him. "T, she loves you back. I know she does, so calm down. Have you seen the way see looks at you? It's with amazement. You look at her the same way. That never happened with Chad, you know. You just yelled at you like that because she didn't want to be hurt again. It sucks to find out the one you love is cheating on you. And I know you didn't, but she thinks you did. We just need to let her calm down before you talk to her again, okay?" I asked him.

"Okay," he confirmed. As he started to walk into his house, I walked back to Hayley's.

Once I got there, I rang the doorbell and Hayley answered. A small purple bruise was forming on her neck. "Hey," I said.

"Hey," she responded.

"You've got two months to feel better before tour, okay?" I told him. She smiled snd nodded when Kat appeared at the door.

"Hey Jerm. Be safe Hayles, okay?" She said hugging Hayley. She walked out and we waved goodbye to Hayley. I hope she doesn't get into any more trouble. We need her. All of us need her. Especially Taylor.