In Case You (N)ever Come Back

Your car eased to a stop as you approached your old summer home. As you halted in the cracked cement driveway, you peered out the driver side window to look the rundown old thing up and down. You hadn't visited this house in years.

The house, now being extremely underused by you or your family, had mostly become a 'burden' as your parents would call it, and you had been assigned to come out here to Gravity Falls, Oregon, and sell it.

You opened the car door and stepped out gingerly, looking around still. Your surroundings brought on some childhood memories that made you yearn to be a kid again. You were now in your early twenties and on your own for the most part.

You shut the car door behind you, and walked up to the front door of the house, pulling the key out of your purse in the process.

Upon unlocking and opening the door, stale air washed out over you. You wrinkled your nose slightly at the smell, but proceeded inside, propping the door open to let in some fresh air.

You stopped inside the doorway and took in the quaint living quarters. To your right there was a large, but lacking family room, and to your left was a small flight of stairs which led into a dining room and a small kitchen.

More memories flooded in, uninvited, and made you sigh somewhat sadly.

Here and there were small belongings that your family would leave behind to come back to the next summer. A table here, a sofa there. A bookcase full of old books was settled straight across from you, in a corner, against a wall. You walked over and scanned the titles. You smiled, realizing that a good portion of them were yours; scattered books from some of the series' that you had read through.

You stepped away from the bookcase and walked around a table and a small, worn sectional that were in the middle of the room to make your way to a door on the far end of the family room. You turned the doorknob and pushed the door inwards, only to have another wave of old air come over you, this time making you cough lightly.

You peered inside. This had always been your parents' room when you had stayed here over the summer. The king sized bed sat against the far wall, blankets folded neatly at the foot of the matress. The only other things in the room were your mother's old vanity and a bedside table. You backed out of the room and made your way upstairs.

*Time skip*

After checking all of the other rooms, and assessing what you would need to take with you, you walked back out the front door, and to your car again, opening one of the back doors. You grabbed an armful of the folded cardboard boxes and a roll of packing tape that you had brought with you and, shutting the door again, headed back inside.

You travelled from room to room, sorting and piling various belongings into boxes, sealing them and piling them next to the front door when you were done with them. In no time there was a small pile of boxes near the front door, each box ready to be taken outside and loaded into your back seat and trunk. You just hoped it would all fit...

There was one room you had yet to visit. The small room that was located on the third floor at the end of the hall. Your old room. The room where the most memories would lie. Memories of summers long past and friendships long forgotten. Your childhood rested in that room and, truth be told, you genuinely didn't want to remember some of it.

Most of the memories resting peacefully in that room among the bed and the books and the toys, were of a select few people. Two goofy kids you used to know named Dipper and Mabel Pines, and their mortal enemy; Bill Cipher.

A few summers before you had gotten the chance to meet the Pines twins, you had run into the floating, yellow, equilateral and for years, had called him a good friend. A trusted friend.