Chapter One

Hazel

I have read all the Tumblr and Pinterest quotes about life. I have read all of the philosophical wannabe motivational speeches and I have memorized all the 'feel pity for yourself and put on a smile' phrases. I never really gave a second thought to them as I scrolled past them on my phone. I regret that decision now because I have no idea how to handle the situation I am put in. How do I say farewell to the life I have known for 17 years? How do I give my last words to my friends, family, school.... Aaron? Mom and Dad are happy for me. I mean, they knew about it all along. The day I was born, my parents were told the shocking news. I find this system quite unfair if you ask me. We are told to live a normal life. Live in an environment that you are comfortable in, and then snatch it from underneath your feet and shove yourself to a whole new world. Quite literally. Though even though my life is being flipped upside down, I can't imagine the way I have to say goodbye to Aaron. You might think that I'm a hormonal teenager blabbering on and on about a dumb crush or a failed Algebra test. If only it were that easy.

~Flashback over~

"Z! Is everything alright?" Analia, my personal professor says as I lost all my train of thought.

I swear I haven't heard anyone call me Z since Aaron and  honestly it kind of hurts, especially after how I ended it with him. I just feel like SO many things were left unsaid. Some friends we were, or maybe more than friends, but I doubt any of that is a possibility now since he's back on Earth and I'm in this stupid place. If I didn't know any better I would have called it Area 51.

"Hazel, what the hell was that!" I hear Analia scream as something major happens with my vitals, I don't know what since no one can figure out what disease I have.

Everyone says that what i have is such a gift. So far, with the kind of treatment im having,  I'd rather just have aa board stuck to my head saying 'freak'. I know this sounds crazy, but I theorized that I may have some sort of disease. It clearly has to be in quarantine, which is why I had to leave everything behind and the supposed "professors" have to wear special gear when they do tests while trying to figure out which of the six so-called "gifts" I may or may not contain.

As you probably already realized in this wonderful thing we call the universe there are, so far, eight types of people here. You see we have the Water Whores , the Air Heads, the Firecrackers, the Moon Mutts, the Sun Suckers, the Ground Gropers and the dreaded Earth Cunts.

I know what you're thinking, but those are not the real group names. They're dumb names each we call each other. Each group has a special power that they control. They are assigned a certain element that they must control, (water, fire, air etc.).   Although the one group that was not mentioned is so small that they don't have a planet, instead they rule this wicked society. So small the population size is a solid one. You see it would have been a counting of three, but just recently two-third of the said population died due to, a 'war'. This group is so amazing it's the rarest of the rare, to even be in contact with one is an honor, that's why this group is called the Spectacular Seven. Only because this specific group can control all seven elements of the world.

The only member of the Spectacular Seven is Dimitri Semmons. He is currently the ruler of the universe. He may not be the most selfless but all-in-all he is a (fairly) good leader.

As I sit down in discomfort, Analia sighs them sits next to me.

As she sits down she says, "Hazel... I have news for you."

*************************************

Hey, guys! This is our official story that Silver and I have gotten for you guys. These nicknames are obviously not our real names. We leave the challenge up to you! Whoever can figure out our names will get a special shoutout from us! Please vote, comment and follow for more chapters and exciting news. I hope you enjoyed!

Also, we would LOVE for you guys to send us covers for the book. Please send them in!. After we receive a good amount of covers, we will decide which one wins. It's a competition.

Stay positive!

~Silver and Nightingale