Good Bye

Henry and Matt the leave the house with their destination in mind, their minds determined. It was a blow to know the chances of her carrying our baby were slim to say the least as explained by her family, watching the progress of her pregnancy, the glow of her face and body as she protects the precious life inside her. But they accepted it as not possible and loved her just the same, they didn't care, in the big picture they just wanted their Belle back. And was going to get her.

They make a few stops and phone calls on the way. Finally pulling up to some large gates, and decided to park there and walk the rest of the way.

They look around and recognise their Belle straight away standing still some distance away, her hair blowing in the slight breeze, a much darker shade of purple now and it suited her. She was even more beautiful than they remembered.

She had her back to them as they quietly approach, their gaze casts down to what she's looking at.

Their in a cemetery and she's standing in front of a grave, on the tombstone reads

'Here lies Hugh West
A loving husband and father'

As they get a little closer they notice the date 13th of this month
They look at each other as that puzzle piece gets closer to fitting, they take their place either side of her.
They then look at Belle who's gaze has not left the stone in front of her.

She's feels their presence next to her and instantly recognised their beautiful smell, before gulping and steadying her nerves enough to speak

"I've come here every year for 6 years now..........he wasn't just my husband but, my best friend...................we met when I was very young and quickly had a family...............he was on his way back from buying me a present..........he walked the 3 miles to the specialist shop just to get them..........these, black and white roses, he knew they was my favourite.............they found him..............."

She trails off as tears run down her face, her head drops to stare at the flowers she's holding in her hands, one black and one white rose, as she gains the strength to carry on

"..........they found him by the side of the road, he'd been hit by a drunk driver and they just left him there to.............to........"

She breaks and falls to her knees sobbing uncontrollably

".........for so long I thought it was my fault..........if he hadn't gone to get me flowers he never would've.........."

They wrap their arms around her tight, and just stayed there in silence softly stroking her back and her hair trying to soothe her pain, allowing her to calm herself and letting her know that they weren't leaving.

"It wasn't your fault, the world can just be cruel sometimes"

"He obviously loved you to go to so much trouble, and how could he not?"

"Thank you for telling us, we can only imagine how hard this must've been for you"

Wiping her face and slowly looking up deep into their eyes she's decided, to tell them how she feels. And damned it if they don't feel the same, at least she bit the bullet and took a shot, at least she wouldn't have the regrets 'what if'

Annabelle; I take it my family and friends told you where I was? I just don't understand why your here?

They take a deep breath before they to try to explain

"That day the Dr called, we was trying to tell you....that we didn't want you to go"

"We couldn't get the words out because we wasn't sure how you felt"

"We're crazy about you and want you back in our lives, we've never been happier than when we've been with you"

"You are everything we could ever want, your a strong, confident, funny, sexy woman and we will do everything in our power to make you happy"

"I guess what we're really trying to say is.......... I love you Belle"

"I love you Belle"

She sits there stunned, her heads in a whirl. And she comes to accept that her friends and family are right, she needs to move on and is now sure that this is the time to do it. Before giving them her biggest smile, making her eyes light up she pulls them in close and tight to her

"I love you too...both of you"

They breath a sigh of relief and give a little whoop before pulling her close to them spinning her around and laughing. They stay there and enjoy the moment together.

Taking note of where they was and probably not the appropriate place to discuss the matter further, Henry and Matt slowly loosen their hold on Annabelle

"Shall we wait by the car for you princess?"

"Yes. I'll just be a moment longer...."

"Of course, anything for you. We're just down the hill, whenever your ready"

And at that they make their leave back to the car, Annabelle then turns her attention back to the stone in front of her

"I guess you saw that huh? I'm sorry Hugh, but..... I think this is the last time I can come and see you.....the kids are grown up now and don't need me to mother them so. I know you'll understand.......you will always be a part of me and I'll never forget you, I just........need to be happy.......to live my life for me.......to love again........so this is................goodbye"

With that she places the roses in the little vase next to his stone gives a gentle pat on the tap and walks away, down the hill to her new life, her new chance, her lovers.