Jimm reached up and grabbed Chance’s ear roughly. Chance let out a whine and Jimm released his ear.

                “That’s Jimm’s way of controlling Chance,” Josiah explained.

                “Just ignore Chance,” Jimm said to me.

                “No, ignore Jimm. He’s a butthead!” Chance said, sticking his tongue out at Jimm.

                “And Chance is a 5 year old in high school,” Jimm said.

                “They also argue like this. Just ignore both of them,” Lea said. “They’re worse than Zero and Ichiru!”

                “Lea is constantly referencing anime, and the only one who ever gets the references is me,” Josiah said. “So if you don’t understand what she’s going on about, don’t worry about it!”

                I looked around the table. Everyone here was so strange in their own way. Josiah seemed to be the most normal person here.

                “I advise you to get away from this table while you still can, Jules. Once you’re sucked in, there’s no way out,” Jimm said.

                “And there goes the soulless ginger again,” Josiah said with a sad sigh.

                “I really don’t like you,” Jimm grumbled.

                “Jules! You’re too quiet,” Lea said, frowning. “That’s Jimm’s job. You need to talk more!”

                “I’LL HELP HER TALK MORE!” Chance cried in excitement. His excitement was cut off as his brother gripped his ear again. “Ow, ow, ow, Jimm let go!” he whined.

                “I guess I just don’t have much to say. I don’t really know you guys,” I said honestly. They seemed like a close-knit group of friends. I didn’t exactly feel out of place here, but I also didn’t exactly feel welcome.

                “You’ll get to know us,” Josiah promised.

                “Whether you want to or not,” Lea added with a wink.

                I looked around the cafeteria and noticed some guys staring at me. I nervously turned my attention back to the table.

                “Why are those guys staring at me?” I asked.

                “Because you’re freaking gorgeous,” Lea said.

                Josiah stifled a laugh as I sighed. I opened my mouth to inform them of my gender, but, yet again, was stopped.

                “Yea, you’re real gorgeous Jules,” Josiah said before I could say anything.

                I pouted at him and he finally let his laughter out. He slung an arm around me and grinned at me.

                “Don’t worry Jules; he’s gay. He won’t actually try to get with you,” Lea said.

                I blushed as Josiah laughed harder. I hastily ducked away from his arm. He leaned back in his chair, looking amused.

                “Jules, you should hang out with us afterschool!” Chance said eagerly. “We’re going to our house tonight!” He slung an arm around Jimm’s shoulders.