Outcasts {8}

“Hey you,” Lea said as I walked up to her the next day.

                “Hi Lea,” I said with a smile.

                “Lea, Lea, Lea!” Josiah sang as he skipped over to us.

                “What has you in a good mood?” Lea asked curiously.

                “I only hit three red lights today,” he said smugly.

                “Oh Josiah,” Lea said with a sigh, slinging an arm around his shoulders.

                “Lea! Josiah! Jules!” Chance cried, running over to us. He frowned. “Hide me from my brother. He’s being mean.”

                “Why?” Lea asked.

                “Because I might have been going 30 miles over the speed limit,” he said with an innocent smile. “It was fun though! The car went ‘vrooooooooooooom’!”

                “Chance!”

                Chance jumped behind Lea in terror. “He’s scary,” he whispered. “A scary, soulless ginger.”

                “I am going to kill you,” Jimm said, crossing his arms and glaring at his big brother.

                “Nu-uh! Lea won’t let you!” Chance said, sticking his tongue out.

                Lea rolled her eyes and stepped away from Chance. “Jack Norman Pavluk, you better not kill your brother,” she said sternly.

                “It would be too much trouble,” he grumbled.

                Lea turned and began to dig through her locker, letting out a string off cuss words. She sighed and shut her locker, turning to us.

                “I can’t find my phone. I could’ve sworn it was in my bag when I came to school today,” she said.

                “I’m sure you’ll find it,” Jimm said with a shrug.

                Josiah frowned at her. “Did you delete the messages?”

                She bit her lip, shaking her head. “Not yet. That’s why I want to find it,” she said.

                The bell rang and she sighed. “If you guys see my phone anywhere, let me know somehow,” she said. “Also, I won’t be in lunch today. I’m doing a gym make up.”

                “Okay,” Josiah said, offering her a comforting smile. “I’m sure we’ll find your phone, Lea.”

                We all waved to each other and went off to class. When study hall came around, I went into the cafeteria and sat down with Lea, Josiah, and Chance.

                “Did you find your phone yet Lea?” I asked.

                She shook her head, looking miserable. “No. I can’t find it anywhere. And I know I had it with me this morning.”

                “I know that phones are expensive but…you seem really freaked out about it,” I said.

                “Josiah and I were having a deep conversation and I meant to delete it off my phone, but fell asleep before I did,” she said, looking severely upset. “I don’t want other people reading that conversation.”