Chapter 21 - Failures

Start from the beginning

"Kass !!"

He rushes to her , quickly and caught her even before she hit the floor.,

"Kasumi , are you ..she's burning up..!!" 

he lay her gently on the couch as he scurries to the bathroom grabbing a towel and a basin , he nurses her until her temperature settles down a little.

"Do you want to eat something " he asked while changing the damp towel..

"I'm ..a bit hungry .." he said , still avoiding his gaze..

"Relax here for a while , i'll make some porridge.." he said smiling , when he's about to stand up Kasumi grab the edge of his shirt..

"I'm sorry..."she said with her grangy voice..."I'm sorry for what i've said the other day....i didn't mean to say that.." she continues..

"Don't worry about it , what matters now, is for you to get better.." he smiled.

He made her a special chicken porridge , like his mother used to make him when he's sick and when his mother is still around , he grew up in the orphanage , he was five when his parents and only sister died in that faithful day.

When Kasumi finished her meal...

"T-thanks Mina , as usual that was delicious..."

"Oh' don't mention it , it's my pleasure....and uhm...You took the mock exam , today didn't you ? "

She looks at him surprised.

"How did you ?!" she awed

"Yomiko , told me.."

"Oh..." she looks down in embarrassment.

"Geez i told her to keep it a secret.." but then a wry smiles pops on her face as she looks up.

"Can't blame her , she must be excited as i am .." he said

" I guess the cat's out of the bag , yeah i did..."

"But i noticed you're not feeling well this morning , were you okay ?"

"Yeah , i'm just a bit tired , and sleepy that's all.."

"Oh' good , do you need to take a rest now ?" he ask in a sigh of relief..

"I was surprise to hear that , i'm glad you didn't gave up on your dream after all.."

But then she diverts her eyes as she's thinking about something , the she mutters something underneath her breath..

"This is my last chance.."

"Huh ?" (her last chance ?)

Her expression quickly returns to normal

"Oh it's nothing , i'll now the results in a week.."

"That's great then , i bet you'll ace it."

"Well...i'm still not sure about that.." she smiles wryly

"You'll be fine , when you find out let me know , okay ?"

"Sure.."

And then a week quickly passed by......

(Today's the day , the results will be up.) There he was sitting in the his bed , feeling excited about Kasumi's mock exam results.

Then....

When he got to the living room he see Kasumi sitting in the sofa..she's holding a piece of paper in her hand..her expression seems to be sullen..

(What happened !?)

"K-Kass ?"

In her surprised the paper slips from her hand..When his about to pick the paper up , Kasumi rushes and grab it before he does..

"Is that the result of your test ?" he asked

Her expression turns grim and she doesn't say a word..he got a bad vibe out of it..

"Did you.... ?"

She nods and miserably hangs her head..

"I didn't do so good , i almost failed..."

"Oh... i see..."

She drops her shoulders dejectedly ...

He never expected to hear those words but he quickly retorted and offer his support.

"Don't worry , it's okay it's a mock exam , and you were not feeling well , you were not at your prime condition.."

"So you just have to try again !" 

the light drains from his pep talk..

(I think my words are falling on deaf ears..but i could....)

"I knew it..."

"Kass ?"

"i just knew i could never be like her..."