Sparks

*A/N I added a part in towards the end because I forgot about it. I'm really sorry I was falling asleep as I was writing it.*

For the next couple of months Tweek and Craig continued to meet in the treehouse and places hidden from people walking by. Craig's parents eventually found out when they caught the two making out. His mother accepted it but his father explained that he was going to try his best.

Token eventually got Cartman to confess (with a little bit of violence) that he threw the bricks as a cruel joke. The two half-heartedly forgave him and Cartman left them alone for the rest of the year.

Tweek helped Craig study and raise his grades as much as he could for the end of the year. He barely passed with C's and D's.

The more time Craig spent with Tweek, the more he started to love him. It had been a lie at first to help him forget about him, but he realized that you can't just fill the hole that someone left in you. You have to try your best to move around it. You don't stop loving them, you just accept that they're gone. And that's exactly what Craig did.

Tweek spread the blanket on the ground on the top of a hill, calling Craig over. He jogged to the smaller boy and kissed his forehead. They sat down together and looked at the small festival below them.

Kids ran around covered in red, white, and blue holding sparklers. They played at different game booths with hotdogs and cotton candy. Lights were strung around trees and booths and in between American flags. Adults were dodging kids and listening to the live rock music.

As the sun started to dip beneath the horizon, the lights began to dim for the Fourth of July fireworks. Tweek and Craig laid down, facing the night sky polluted by the bright lights of the celebration. They held hands on the checkered blanket, fingers interlocked. Craig looked over at Tweek, his eyes illuminated by the flaming sky. The colored fire danced in his dark brown eyes.

He snapped a picture of his boyfriend with a Polaroid camera that his mother gave him. After he returned to school, he was diagnosed with depression and his parents got him a therapist. After a couple of sessions, his therapist suggested that Craig tried out photography to help him express himself. His mother had given him her old camera and Craig had quickly taken a liking to the form of art. He examined the picture that he took of Tweek and smiled softly to himself.

Craig didn't want the sparks to ever leave Tweek's eyes.

"I love you," Craig whispered to Tweek for the first time. He didn't think Tweek heard him, though, over the loud, echoing booms.

Craig Tucker was finally happy.