Bloodstained Sheets

Craig eventually drifted off into a shallow sleep. He tossed and turned in his sleep, reopening his wound. The ebony haired boy groaned as he woke up to a searing pain in his palm. He looked down at his hand to see that wound bled through the bandages and onto his sheets.

He walked to the bathroom and repeated his ritual of applying new bandages. Craig then went back to his room and sat down on the bed. Stripe, his guinea pig, squeaked and he saw something in the corner of his eye. He quickly turned his head to see a figure looking into his window.

Craig ran over to the frozen window and opened it, not knowing what to expect. A cloaked figure smiled at him. The stoic boy flipped him off before inviting him into his room.

"What do you want, Mysterio?" Craig asked, slightly annoyed by his sudden appearance.

"It's Mysterion. Mysterio is a villain; I am a hero," he smirked and continued . "I have something I want to show you."

Craig sighed and threw on his coat and hat. "What is it?" He inquired.

"You'll see," Mysterion replied as he climbed back out the window.

"What are you doing?" Craig was a little alarmed and was afraid of falling.

"You ask way too many questions. Just relax, it's ok," The hero said in a deep, calm voice.

He climbed onto the snow covered roof and held a hand out for Craig. The stoic teen reluctantly took the outstretched hand and felt himself being pulled up.

Craig stood on the roof next to Mysterion and noticed the masked hero was carrying a bag. "What's in the bag?" Curiosity got the best of him.

"You ready?" Mysterion asked him excitedly, ignoring his question. He grabbed Craig's hand and started running towards the edge of the roof.

"What the hell?!" Craig shouted angrily as he was pulled towards the end of the icy tiles.

"Jump!" The hero smiled as he leaped onto the neighboring house's roof. Craig had no choice but to jump after the cloaked figure. He slipped on the side of the roof and would've fallen into the snow below if Mysterion hadn't pulled him back.

"What the hell was that?!" Craig repeated and yanked his shaking hand away from Mysterion's warm, gloved one.

The vigilante's smile dropped and looked at the boy next to him. "I'm sorry, I thought that you'd like it."

"I could've died!"

"You're right, I'm sorry," Mysterion looked down over the edge. He then ran over to Craig and picked him up bridal style.

"Put me down!" The raven haired boy fumed as the hero jumped from rooftop to rooftop. His cape blew in the wind like a sail.

"We're here!" Mysterion exclaimed as he put Craig down in the untouched snow on top of a run down, abandoned building.

The boy thanked Mysterion by flipping him off and then asked, "What's here?"

Mysterion cleared some snow off the edge of the roof and sat down. He patted the seat next to him, motioning for Craig to join him.

The steely eyed boy sat down next to the cloaked vigilante and looked at the view in front of him. The building overlooked Stark's Pond. The ice was dyed with oranges, yellows, and reds from the sunset. Craig's eyes widened at the sight.

"I knew you'd like it," Mysterion smiled when he noticed the wonder in the stoic boy's eyes. The masked boy reached into his bag and took out two beers wrapped in brown paper bag and handed one to Craig.

Craig looked at it for a second and then back at Mysterion. "Isn't underaged drinking illegal?"

Mysterion shrugged and took a sip of his own without taking his eyes off of the frozen over lake.

"You're not going to arrest me if I drink this, right?" Craig smiled a little.

Mysterion laughed, "Drink up, it's fine." Craig copied the town's guardian angel and took a sip. "So what happened to your hand?" Mysterion asked, not breaking character.

"This?" He held out his bandaged hand. "I cut my palm on some broken glass."

"I'm guessing your first day was pretty crappy then," Mysterion joked wryly.

"You could say that," Craig gave a small smile and took another sip of alcohol.

The two boys stared out at where the sun used to be a couple of minutes ago. Craig finished his bottle and stuck it in the snow next to him.

"I should be getting home," Craig said as he stood up.

"Do you know how?" Mysterion smirked at him. "Because last time I had to carry you and now you've been drinking."

Craig flipped him off, "Just tell me how to get down."

"I don't think so," Mysterion smiled and picked Craig up again.

He groaned, "Not again," as Mysterion carried him back to the Tucker's household. A cold breeze blew into his face, burning his nose when he inhaled.

"Here we are m'lady," Mysterion teased as he set Craig down at his front door. He was flipped off in response as the ebony haired boy closed the door behind him.

The hero waved goodbye as Craig sighed on the other side of the door. He shivered a little before calling Tweek to see how work was after he left.

Mysterion made his way back to his house and climbed through his icy window. He snuck into the kitchen and smuggled a couple more beers back into his room. He got changed into a white t-shirt and boxers and sat on his dirty mattress.

He opened the first bottle and chugged it down. He kept drinking until he passed out, the rest of his sixth bottle's contents spilling onto the floor. He slipped into a nightmare induced sleep.