Chapter 2

Callie heard a gunshot
As soon as she heard it, she run the middle of the room and hid under the desk. She started crying and sobbing.
She was so worried and she couldn't process how can anyone bring a gun to school.
Then, she remembered.
She had her phone on her so she could ask everyone to see if they were okay.

Brandon's P.O.V

Was that a gunshot? He thought to himself. It couldn't be. Why would anyone bring a gun to school, and who could the shooter be? There a so many questions in his mind right now. Brandon was still in the hallway, so he thought to look through any empty classroom he could find. After many attempts on finding any empty classroom, he went to Lena's office.

Callie's P.O.V

As she is waiting in the room for anyone to come rescue her, she hears the door opening and she covers her mouth trying not to cry, because she doesn't know who the person in the door could be, it could be anyone or the shooter. She stayed as still as possible while the person walked around. Then the person stood in front of the desk and looked around. At this point, Callie was crying so much and the anxiety was taking over and she couldn't stay still.
Then that person bend down to see what was under the desk.
"Callie?"
"Brandon" Callie said with a sigh of relief as she hugged him
"What's going on?" Said Callie
" I have no idea, but we need to stay together"
" Okay yeah"
They stayed under the desk holding themselves in each other's arms and didn't say a word. They didn't have to. They felt safe with each other.
Another gunshot went out.
The sound just startled them, and Callie began crying.
"Hey, Hey don't cry, we're going to be fine. I promise you" Brandon said while giving Callie a hug.
A few minutes went by and Brandon said " I should go check if everyone is alright"
"No, don't go please. You can get hurt, Brandon. Don't do anything stupid " Callie said
" I'm just going to check through the blinds, and don't worry I'll be careful" Brandon said with confidence
As Brandon checked the hallway through the blinds, he saw something he will never forget.
"Brandon, what happened?" Callie said scared
"Brandon, talk to me" Callie said as Brandon stood frozen.
Callie looked through the blinds into the hallway and saw Nick with a gun and Mariana
Callie said to Brandon " Brandon, listen to me, everything is going to be alright. Moms are going to take charge and call the police. Don't worry, nothing is going to happen to Mariana." Brandon nodded.
The we heard the police entering the school
"Freeze, get down on your knees NOW!"
After several minutes passed, Lena entered the office and gave us both a hug. We were so relieved to see her.
As we left the school, we saw Stef, Jesus, Mariana and Jude.
We started crying because we knew that were safe.
As we went back home, the car ride was completely silent. We were still scared of what just happened.