Chapter 2 | A Fresh Start

DeVanté in the media. 😊

.
.
.
.

After what happened last night, I've come to the conclusion that DeVanté Swing isn't anything but an arrogant jackass! The thought of him makes me feel like breaking things. *Cringe*

"What did the TV ever do to you to make you glare at it like that?" Tionne laughed.

"I was thinking." I said with attitude.

"Oh, about DeVanté? I saw that last night." She laughed at me for the second time.

I gave her the finger, and made my way to the kitchen. Good thing it's the weekend, because I hate going to school.

"I'm finna go, I might be back later on!" Tee yelled while exiting the door.

"Aight!" I yelled after her.

I fixed me a bowl of Trix and went back into the living room, this time actually turning on the TV. As I watched my favorite morning show, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, there was a knock on the door.

Ugh! 🙄

I lazily yelled "Who is it!?" while still sitting on the couch.

They didn't say anything.

*KNOCK, KNOCK*

"I'm coming, damn!"

I unlocked the door, closing it right back when I saw who it was.

"Come on now, don't be like that."

"Go away, before I call the police on you!" I threatened.

The door opened. I face palmed myself, remembering that I didn't lock it.

"Why are you even here? How did you find my house!?...Are you stalking me?" I questioned.

He laughed. "No, I ain't no stalker. Ya cousin, Tionne, gave me your address."

I made a mental note to kill Tee the next time I saw her.

I glared at DeVanté and rolled my eyes. "What do you want?"

"Well, I came to apologize for bein what you call a 'asshole' last night." He air quoted 'asshole.'

"Oh. Well, bye."

"Don't be cruel."

"Get out of my house." I tried pushing him out, but he didn't budge.

"Girl, you need to change yo attitude." He told me.

So corny of him to use a line from a song. 😒👎🏽 (Don't be Cruel by Bobby Brown 😻👌🏽)

"I see what you did there." I gave a sarcastic smile.

"Can we start this over?" He asked.

"Why?"

"Cause I wanna get to know you, and I can tell I gave you the wrong impression. I want you to know me as Donald and not DeVanté." He said.

I sighed. "Fine."

He smiled his gorgeous smile. Now, I won't even lie. DeVanté Swing is one fine ass nigga, I'll give him that. 😳

He sat down on the couch across from me. "I don't think I even got your name." He said.

"I highly doubt you asked Tee for my address without asking what my name is." I replied.

"Well, Morgan, tell me about yourself."

Ugh! 😤

"What do you want to know?"

"First of all, I wanna know why you got this attitude. It's really makin me want yo stuck up ass even more."

I looked at him. "I am not stuck up! You don't even know me!"

"Glad I got you to look at me." He smiled.

"Can you use the door?" I asked.

"Naw." He smirked.

"Aren't you like twenty?" I asked in disgust.

"Uh, yeeaahh...and?"

"That's nasty."

He looked confused." Whatchu mean? How old are you then?"

"Uh, fifteen." I said in a matter-of-fact sort of tone.

He looked stunned. "Damn, I didn't know I turned into a pervert."

"Good, now get out." I gave yet another sarcastic smile.

"Nope. Age ain't none but a number, baby."

"Can you leave me alone? I'm not scared to call the people on you."

"Why won't you just at least try to be nice to me?" He asked annoyed.

"Fuck you mean be nice to you? This ain't preschool, nigga."

"Man, this ain't gettin nowhere. Bye." He started walking out.

I don't know what came over me, but for some odd reason I said "No, wait..." He turned around and looked at me. I sighed. "...I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For being so 'stuck up' acting." I rolled my eyes with my arms crossed.

He put his hands over his chest as if he was touched. "I forgive you."

I playfully rolled my eyes and laughed.

"There you go." He said.

"What?"

"I finally got you to smile...you should do that more often."

"I'll think about it."

He smiled.

As we watched TV and got to know each other, I started thinking about what I was doing. I've never bonded with anyone after basically just meeting them. Besides Lisa and Chilli, no one who's not related to me has been able to break down the wall and get to know me. It's weird. There's really just something about DeVanté that makes me feel comfortable enough to be myself around him.

.
.
.
.

DeVanté seems pretty interested in Morgan. 🤔

Vote
Comment
Thanks for reading!