ZTBS Pt 6

Junhong's POV:

Why wasn't she talking to me? Was she still angry?

"Yah Park Ailee, is something wrong?"

She shook her head again. I was getting really tired of her shaking her head.

I don't know what got over me but grabbed her by the shoulders to face me. I did it pretty roughly, she should have said it hurts or something along those lines..

"If you're still angry, I'm sorry. Can't you just forgive me already?" I said again.

She released my hands from her shoulders. She went to get her phone and started fiddling with it. As soon as she set her phone aside, I heard the message tone of my phone playing. 

Text message received at 1306:

"I can't use my voice for now. It's a condition I contracted while you were away."

I looked up at her, blankly. 

She walked away, into her room and in seconds she came back with a piece of paper. She handed it to me for me to read.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

Laryngitis.

"H-how did this happen? And why couldn't you tell me?"

I know about the condition well. One of the sunbae I know contracted it too. 

She looked at me, this time with the smile gone. Tears were welling up in her eyes. She continued typing on her phone.

Text message received at 1308:

"I couldn't. You were just so busy. You never even called me, how was I supposed to tell you anything."

It dawned on me how neglectful I was for the past few months. I understood why she got angry.. but this is serious. She could have texted it to me.

"You do know that I can't help it, Ailee. Babe, I don't make my own schedules." I let out, maybe sounding a little harsh.

She put her phone aside. Probably meant that she didn't have anything else to say to me. It was difficult talking to her knowing she won't reply me.

Days past. It was back to practice. I couldn't wait, all that's been on my mind during the break was Ailee. It's not that it's bad, but I was thinking about her condition, and...us.

All the hyungs gathered in the dance studio. After a few rounds of practice, the hyungs decided to rest. I couldn't sit down because I know I'd feel too restless to do so. I cranked the music up and freestyled, hoping for my body to give up and my legs to give way and drop. 

"Junhong ah.. When it's time to rest, you should rest. You've practiced enough" Yongguk hyung said.

I stopped. I didn't want to defy the older guy.

Daehyun hyung threw me a water bottle. 

"Thanks hyung.." I said.

"Yah, why do you look so 'out of it' today? Is something the matter?"Daehyun hyung said. He probably noticed the soulless expression on my face.

"Girlfriend problems? Oh where is Ailee anyway? I haven't seen her in the longest time. Tell her to make us some of her delicious egg rolls and kimbap too.." Himchan hyung spoke up.

Oh.. the times she still could talk to me. The times she would pack lunch for me. I miss it.

I didn't know how to answer their questions. It made me feel so guilty.