ZTBS Pt 3

Later that night, I waited for his call. Usually when we fought or argued, he'd be the one to call me and apologize. Even if it wasn't his fault. When I thought about it, I realised I sound like a conceited bitch who won't apologize when I'm in the wrong.

I couldn't take another minute not talking to him and make sure things are resolved. Should I do something first?

Maybe I could bake him a sorry cake. Literally a cake with the word "Sorry" on it. Or is that too weird. Maybe I'll put the numbers 1 4 3 and desperately hope that he gets it? That's it. That's what I'll do!

I went into the kitchen and grabbed my apron. I knew if I worked with flour, things... could get messy.

While cracking the eggs and working up the cake batter, it reminded me of the time we baked together for the charity drive in school. Cheesy, I know. But I miss it. How our faces were all flour-ed up by the end.. But our cupcakes were a hit! Junhong was good at frosting and decorating the cupcakes that even kids from other school came to buy it.

Once the cake was done, I packed it into a box and popped it inside the fridge. Before leaving, I told Junhong I was going to see him today. Without hesitating, he agreed.

I hugged him tight before giving him the cake.

"Waa, my baby baked me a cake? 1 4 3? What's that?"

"It means I love you. It stands for the number of letters in each word, I - 1, love - 4 and you -3!"

"Well then, 1 4 3 2!" He joked.

I was glad we made up. Now my heart is at ease.

While I was talking to him, a man in a suit came walking towards us which made me pause.

"Junhong ya. You can't be seen outside like this. What if reporters spot you guys.." the man said.

"Oh hyung! Mianheyo.. Ailee. I might have to go now. I'll enjoy the cake! 1 4 3!" Junhong said and left in a jiffy.

"Share it with your members!!" I yelled back to the vanishing shadow of him.

I sat at the bench. Waiting for the man in the suit to leave. But he kept his gaze on me like a hawk and sat down beside me. As it was getting pretty awkward between us, I decided to say something first.

"Are you his manager?"

"Yes. You must be his girlfriend.."

"Well yes. Is he doing well with training and schedules?"

"He's doing fine. Listen, I need to ask you for a favor. You must've seen the article about you two. Thankfully, the reporters couldn't see your face the other time. He needs to stop dating."

"What? Why?"

"It's for his good. If fans realise he has a girlfriend, his popularity will be low. And that's not good for the members as well as the company. Name the price, if you need any, tell me."

"Ani.. I don't want your money.. Or the company's money. Is Junhong aware of this?"

"Yes, we've told him. But he says he'll think about it."

"He'll think about it?"

"It's up to you. You need to help him. This kind of opportunity is hard for him to get. Think about it, Ailee-shi." He ended of and walked away cooly. After spitting out words that were dagger-like to me, he left me with nothing to say.

How could I? Does it make sense for me to let go of my boy to let him be loved by a million other girls?

And if he knew about it, why didn't he bring it up when we met?

Junhong ah.. What are you doing, you nappeun saram!