21 - bad decisions

Start from the beginning

The crowd instantly backed off, so the ambulance could have better access.
They stormed out of the vehicle and started running towards Cindy. But I could not hear anything they said, everything was blurry and hectic. They yelled some more words to each other, telling something about emergency and that she lost lots of blood. I was still sitting there, watching everything through blurry eyes and shaking. I saw them heaving her in the vehicle and Kelly following them, still crying loudly.

Then they closed the door and rushed away.

"Come on, Harry. We need to leave." David patted my shoulder and heaved me from the ground.
"Everything's gonna be alright, son." The man who called the ambulance tried to comfort me. But I was not reacting. All I could think about was that innocent girl, who had probably so much pain, because I wanted to have a good fuck instead of bringing her home safely.

My insides were eating me, the guilt I felt was unbearable. I was just standing there, still crying. Suddenly, I felt something weird in my stomach and fastly turned around, putting my hand on the wall for support and throwing everything up I consumed the last hours. I was vomiting loudly, still sobbing. I was a mess.

When I finished throwing up, I wiped my mouth with my shirt and started walking away, without telling anyone or waiting for them.

"Harry, wait." David shouted, but I didn't listen. I just walked. "Let him go, he needs some alone time now. He'll be fine." someone told David and he responded with, "I hope so."

After that, I couldn't make out any more words, because I started running. My breath was already heavy and fast, my legs were hurting and head was spinning. Everything was blurry and I couldn't seem to stop crying.

I should've been there, I could've prevented it. I should've been taking care of her, but I was selfish and I didn't gave a fuck. That's what I deserve, but Cindy didn't deserve all of this.
She was so innocent.

I only stopped running, when I stood in front of Millie's apartment. I was so in shock, that I didn't even noticed that I opened the front door to our house. My heart was leading me to Millie right now.

And without hesitation, I knocked loudly. "Please open Millie." I cried, still knocking. I was devastated and I needed her support.
"Millie.." I broke down. I was gliding down her door frame, crying into my knees, my sobs getting louder and louder.

***

Millie

I woke up, not knowing why. My head was hurting, because of the lack of sleep and when I looked over to my clock, I saw that it was 4.34am. I grumbled to myself, as I got up to fetch a glass of water.
I walked along the corridor, when I heard some sobs. I stood still and listened. When I heard someone loudly crying in front of my door, I walked towards it and opened it.

The sight before my eyes, made me widen my eyes in shock and my heart stood still.

Harry was leaning on my door frame, while loudly crying into his arms. I crouched down next to him, not knowing what to do.

"Harry, baby. What's wrong?" I asked awkwardly, slowly rubbing his arms. "Come in." I offered and he nodded. When he looked up, I saw his teary, red and puffy eyes, looking at me like he lost all his sanity. I helped him getting up and put my arm on his waist, helping him inside. I walked with him to my bed and carefully made him sit down.

He just watched me. "Sorry, for waking you up." he sobbed, but I rushed over to his side. "It's okay, I'm okay." I told him and he nodded again. "What happened, baby?" I asked again, but he just shook his head.

After a few minutes, where I hugged him and told him some comforting words, he started speaking. "I should've taken care of her. I never wanted anyone to get hurt. But, she is so innocent and I should not have done this." he mumbled and I furrowed my eyebrows.