1. The Old with the New

Thanks for reading, guys! I appreciate it. Hope you like my new story.

Don't forget to favorite and/or comment on this chapter if you like it.

Alycia Debnam-Carey as Carrie because she is beautiful.

*Carrie's POV*

Greenwood University. One of the many things it is known for is the beautiful scenery of the high peek mountains and the dark evergreen forests surrounding it. It is truly the place to go if you potentially want to escape your everyday life, or get away from your parents, or simply study anthropology because you got offered enough scholarships not to go in great debt in the future - like myself.

It's only the first day of moving in and I already know I'm going to love it here. I am definitely not the one to be very social, or even outgoing, but this is college. It's supposed to be the best time of my life, so I will make damn sure that it will be. I was walking around as my parents were dragging my stuff behind me, taking me to my dorm room. Woodland Hall, the sign read. The building was very old-looking, and somewhat enchanting with the vines growing on the walls. This place was simply breath-taking. I can already feel that I am going to love living here, even though I will have to share a bathroom with practically the entire hallway of girls living in the dorms with me.

I go up to the second floor and read a sign with my name on it, and another one right next to it that read Brooke. I'm guessing that will be my roommate. I knocked on the door and a very tall, dark haired, pretty Asian girl opened the door.

"You must be Carrie!" She exclaimed, hugging me just as she finished the sentence.

"And you are Brooke, I'm guessing?" I said calmly with a smile on my face. She was definitely one of the social types. Good. I needed them if I ever wanted to actually get out of my room. Knowing myself, I'd rather stay at home and read until the sun sets... and then continue because well books are wonderful and why stop reading when you can read all night long.

"I am!" she said, "I am so very excited we are going to be roommates! I moved in a few days earlier, just because I wanted to skip the traffic that is today. I will leave the room for yourself until you get ready and you can meet me as soon as you're done. I'll be at the lobby! Oh! I'm so excited, this is going to be fun."

I sighed. Well she drained my entire energy in less than five minutes, but she seemed like exactly the person I needed somewhere so new and foreign. Growing up in Maine is so much different than here, but I like different, and I am excited to see what different has to offer me.

***

After almost an hour of unpacking, I finally decided that both me and my parents need a break.

"Grab me one of the water bottles, will you dear?" my mom said. I turned around and grabbed one from the packet that we purchased and handed it to her. Before she grabbed it, she looked at me with teary eyes, almost ready to burst crying any second.

"Mom, please don't cry. I won't leave forever, I promise. I will come back as often as I can," I tried to reassure her. She tried to make me stay in Maine, but no school in Maine gave me the scholarships to cover my entire tuition. It was definitely cheaper here, and more efficient.

"I know, dear. I just... You know I get emotional," she said.

"We all know that, Margaret. Leave the poor girl alone and let's leave her be," my dad said.

"You're right. We should go. Can you unpack the rest of the stuff on your own?" she asked me.

"Of course, it's just one suit case left anyways. I'll be fine," I assured her.

"Okay. Then we are off! Have a good experience honey. When you come back I want to hear all about your adventures and all the people you meet. Don't forget to call twice a day - when you wake up and before you go to bed. Brush your teeth often, eat healthy foods, look both ways before you cross the street and don't forget to do your homework on time - "

"Margaret!" my dad groaned.

"What? I'm sorry! I will miss you my dear!" She hugged me tightly and refused to let go until my dad was forced to drag her outside.

I waved them goodbye and sat down on the chair from my side of the room. I could tell this was going to be fun.

***

I met with Brooke downstairs as soon as I finished unpacking and setting everything of mine in place. She was on her phone, looking at something.

"Hey," I said.

"Oh, you're here already! Did you unpack?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"That was quick. I laid in bed for the first 3 days before I actually attempted any kind of unpacking," she chuckled. She was so energetic; it was kind of cute.

"I couldn't do that. I would be so lost without knowing exactly where all my things are," I said.

"You're not one of those neat freaks, are you?" she asked.

"No," I chuckled, and I immediately heard a sign of relief.

"Good, because I can get messy. But I promise to clean up after myself," she said.

"Don't worry. I have 3 older brothers and all of them are slobs. I've seen it all," I said.

We both walked back to our hall. Everyone was outside of their doors getting to know each other. A very pretty blonde girl approached us right after we walked in.

"Hey there. I'm Rachel!" she said. "Do you guys live here too?"

We both nodded.

"Great. We are organizing a get-together tonight and our entire hall is invited. I hope you guys can make it," Rachel explained.

We nodded again.

Not even day one has passed and there as already parties happening on campus. I was both nervous and ready for it all.