4th Prince PoV: A Fiancée

Exactly six days ago, the Fourth Prince of Meerschaum Kingdom had a birthday party. In that party, aside to celebrate the Fourth Prince's sixth birthday, it was also to find a suitable bride candidate. A fiancée for the Fourth Prince, so to say.

I, Castel en Marshal, six years old, the Fourth Prince of Meerschaum Kingdom, is currently on my way to the house of an Earl, whose daughter has been selected to be my fiancée.

When the news the fiancée had been selected and that I had to go to meet her came to me, I didn't know what to think. My Second Older Brother, the Second Prince, advised me to get along with my fiancée.

"How do I get along with her? What if she is annoying?" I had asked, remembering my Older Brothers' fiancées. I don't like any of them, to put it simply.

"It can't be helped if she is annoying," the Second Older Brother had said with a shrug, "Father and Mother will still want us to get along with them,"

While Eldest Brother and Third Older Brother didn't say anything, their face told me that they agreed with Second Older Brother's words.

With complicated feelings a six years old can understand, I dutifully follow Mother's instruction, the Queen, to visit the girl who will be my fiancée. For an Earl's daughter to be selected, I wonder who she is. Was she at the party too? Had I met her before?

*

Somehow, I fall asleep. In my dream, the event of my sixth birthday replayed. It was a meeting with a lot of girls; because I had to find a fiancée of my own. I thought Mother or Father was supposed to find it for me. Yet, I was left alone in a sea of girls.

"Prince Castel, what kind of girl do you like?" a girl had asked me, urged by the girl behind her to ask

I smiled at them, "It's a secret,"

I was thankful that my Older brothers had taught me what to say when troublesome questions came up. A smile and a secret. They said girls like someone mysterious like that. While I don't really want these girls to like me, I still need to be courteous.

The question and answer sessions went on endlessly; until I finally had had enough and forced an end to it. Father and Mother might not be pleased with me, but I hoped they would forgive me later.

I ran away from the sea of girls who were around my age or older than me. I didn't remember where I had run to or hide in, but there, I met another girl.

"Oh," I was annoyed to be cornered like this, but I still smiled, "Hello. Sorry to disturb you,"

This is my castle, but since she was here first, it meant I did disturb her. Though, as I looked around, I had to wonder where was I?

When I paid attention to the girl again, she had fallen down. I was surprised. I immediately went to her side to check on her. Was she that surprised by my sudden appearance?

"I am fine," she told me, not pushing away my help, yet... I got the feeling she was uncomfortable

"Is that so?" I was dumbfounded. It was the first time someone didn't feel happy with my presence.

"You are...?" the girl had asked me after she stood up on her own

I decided to be polite and bowed, "Castel en Marshal, the Fourth Prince of Meerschaum Kingdom,"

"The birthday boy," the girl whispered to herself, although I still could hear her. Giving a curtsy of her own, she said, "I wish you a happy birthday, Prince Castel,"

"Thank you," I replied

We looked away from each other, staying silent after that. Peeking a look at her, I had to say her black hair was pretty.