Is that why you keep aspirin in your bag?

Kanagawa Tennis Gardens Courts

Roko watched with a rather smug satisfaction as Yagyuu and Niou practically danced around their opponents. This school - whatever their name was - had a rather cocky regular team, cocky enough to believe they were good enough to beat Rikkaidai. Roko was actually rather impressed; this team had guts to stand there and proudly declare they would win against the National Champions. He had hoped that they would be a challenge if they think themselves better, but unfortunately they were only average - better than the team they had played previously, but still sadly average.

"Game and match, Yagyuu-Niou! 6-0!" the umpire called, and there was a sudden cheer from the non-regulars of Rikkaidai who had come to watch.

"Rikkaidai! Rikkaidai! Always win Rikkaidai!"

Roko mentally sighed in annoyance as they continually chanted it over and over again, clearly having nothing better to do. Niou and Yagyuu left the courts with an unsatisfied look, which Roko understood. Sanada offered no praise for beating a weak team, and so they both sat down and took a drink of water without a word spoken.

"Next match, Singles 3, Echizen Roko vs Yakuta Ippei" Roko sighed in annoyance as he put down his earphones and iPod - which he had put a password on - before taking off his regulars jacket and picking up his racket.

"You're my opponent?" he heard from across the court. Echizen turned to see a disgusted looking third year with weird brown hair looking at him.

"You've got to be kidding; I have to play against this idiot first year?" he remarked, and almost immediately Sanada was next to him.

"What did you say!?" he roared, but Yakuta was unfazed.

"You heard me. How on Earth can someone who's too stupid to talk even play tennis? You guys are so weak"

Roko rolled his eyes, unfazed by his insults. He'd heard them most of his life and had become accustomed to it, but it seemed that the other regulars didn't agree, and all looked at Yakuta with murderous glares.

"You bastard" Marui said icily. Yakuta just snorted.

"It's true. How do you guys even-"

"Say one more word and you will suffer" Sanada growled, giving his terrifying death glare that would cut through solid stone. Yakuta seemed to hesitate, and thankfully did not say more. Sanada then turned to Roko and gave him an intense look.

"If you drop so much as one point to this idiot you will run laps until you collapse" Sanada stated, and Roko couldn't help but mentally smirk at his comment. It seemed Sanada was rather prideful about his team, and he wanted Roko to destroy this guy. He nodded once and went onto the courts, with Yakuta already waiting at the net. Roko held up his hand to shake with him, but Yakuta just gave his annoying snort.

"No way am I shaking hands with you, I might catch your disease or something". Roko felt a slight tinge of anger and murderous thoughts, but quickly pushed it away. He could see the Rikkaidai regulars were sharing similar murderous thoughts, as were the non-regulars in the crowd, but Yakuta didn't even notice.

Roko returned to the baseline, and bounced a ball in his hand.

"Are you really Echizen Ryoma's brother?"

Roko stopped, and sharply looked up at Yakuta, who stood at the other end of the court folding his arms and had a smug grin.

"You mustn't be, I mean, you can't even speak, never mind play tennis. Echizen Ryoma is leagues apart from you!"