Chapter 6

Tyler's pov:
I can't stop thinking about Josh when I get home. He looked so scared and embarrassed when I asked him about his sexuality. I don't know if he's straight or not.

Even if he's not, he'd probably never want to be with a guy like me anyway. I'm broken. Unstable. Useless. Worthless. Stupid. Oh my god he's so cuuuuute though ughhhhh kill me.

When I get home, Mom's out and Dad's drunk and passed out in the couch. Figures. This is normal for my family.

I go into the kitchen to get some food before my dad wakes up. He used to be great. And then he started drinking. And beating us. Zach got out of here. And mom spends as much time out of here as she can.

She doesn't hate me, or at least she says she doesnt. She doesn't care about me though. If I wasn't here, she could leave guilt free. But because she'd be leaving me here with dad, she'd feel bad.

I just get a sandwich and make a mental note to go to the grocery store tomorrow. The voices are quiet. I feel calm. But on edge. I'm always on edge when I'm near my father.

I've noticed that the voices get quieter when I'm with Josh. Not completely silent. But not loud and overpowering.

I'm really glad I met him. I've decided I like him. A lot.