Chapter 2

"What are you going to do with those?" Marvin questioned as I take out the scissors and hold them near his face.

When I found him he was hidden behind a tree that was a little ways off the walking trail behind the school, clutching onto his face. His shirt was crumpled and decorated with dirt. Literally. He had splotches of mud and was obviously thrown around in the dirt.

"Are you going to tell me how I have to give you more than two sutures? The cut is jagged. I have to cut the uneven skin. If I don't and I stitch it there is a possibility it'll cause an infection. Plus, I use them to help me out," I replied as I grab at the loose pieces of skin and snip them off until it was even enough to actually sew his skin back on.

"Is it gonna leave a scar? My mom is gonna freak when she sees them," Marvin sighed as he closes his eyes and I begin to stitch him up.

"Not really. My aunt is a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills and she showed me how to do stitches without leaving noticeable scars. The cut isn't very deep and so I hope it won't be noticeable if there does happen to be any scarring," I muttered as I put on butterfly bandages to cover up the five stitches.

"All your family, are they doctors?"

I stand up and take off the latex gloves, shoving the disinfectant swabs and all the other trash before shoving them in my bag. I give Marvin a hand and he accepts.

He gets up and dusts himself off while I grab our bags. I untie my hair from the pony tail I had it in and run my fingers through it. Marvin leads us out of the mini woods area and we walk back to school on the trail. It was a hot day here in Sterling and I was really tempted to take off the jacket and shirt.

"Pretty much. Neurosurgeon, heart surgeon, pediatric surgeons, basically any type of surgeon besides trauma. They're all spread out in the country in big cities," I chirped as I pulled the twenty churros Gerald bought me. I nudge Marvin and he takes one, the sugar falling and sprinkling over the jacket.

"I also had pizza, but I left it at the hospital. So Gerald probably ate it. But there was this lady who was selling these and I just had to get some. God, they're delicious," I groaned as I closed my eyes and savored the deliciousness of this sacred bread.

Marvin just laughs and tells me he had never seen anyone get so happy from eating a churro. We make small talk about how the weather was and how nice or mean the two teachers I've had today were. We also talk about the two principals.

So Timberlake was supposed to be the head principal of the school, but Woods came out of the blue and worked at the elementary school that was down the street. The schoolboard loved how he was with kids and so they put him as the principal here at the academy. Since last year there have been less fights, less flunking, and less anger against one another. His young chirpy bright attitude has been positive for the school with his constant prize giveaways.

When we arrived at the office the office ladies were ready to shred us apart with their fake long nails and light pink lipstick. It wasn't their color. A bright shade of red would do them better justice.

"And where were you two? You two have been marked as unexcused abscesses from your gym class," Olivia, snapped at us as she looked up from her computer, but still continued to type away. It was obvious that she was the nice type, she was faking the mean attitude.

"Have you ever tried a more bolder lipstick? You have the skin tone to pull off bright, bold colors," I blurted out and Marvin pinches me.

"We were at the hospital. We were visiting Jeremiah," Marvin sadly replied and the office lady stops typing and looks at us with side eyes.