Chapter 1

Waking up at six in the morning to make breakfast is something I never imagined doing. Moreover for the guy who has no emotions and is a pain in my ass. He happens to be the guy my mother loved like a brother and made sure he was my legal guardian.

But I felt sorry for the guy. He had to put up with my ass until I turned twenty-one,which was in exactly three years, three hundred sixty-four days, six hours, and thirty minutes to be exact. My mom included it in her will and well Doctor Hotshot...he loved her like a sister and here I am living under the same roof as him. I didn't bother him and he didn't bother me. The again he works very long shifts and I go to school, so we don't see each other often.

So here I was with half of my makeup on the table while I flipped pancakes and put bacon on three plates. Three because I was hungry, Hotshot was here, and he brought a mystery lady over last night and I haven't seen her leave. Or he leave. Thank goodness the walls were thick or I would have left and slept at a hotel.

I set up the table and brush foundation on my face as a base. I set the bottle and brush down and I grab the plates and put three poop emoji pancakes on them. I add the sizzling hot bacon and get started on making eggs.

I break, I put it in hot butter in the pan, I mix quickly, I add salt, I dump on the plates. I set the plates down on the table and go to the boxes that still needed to be unpacked. I find three coffee mugs and set them on the table along with freshly squeezed orange juice. I preferred coffee and so did Hotshot, but I didn't know about his mystery man or woman.

I leave the kitchen and head up the stairs while I put concealer beneath my eyes to hide the bags I obviously had beneath my eyes and also some beneath my nose and blend it in. I stop at the top of the stairs and take out some brown eyeshadow and brush it in the crease of my eye. I slowly continue walking as I continue my makeup. I use a gold eyeshadow and a slightly lighter brown on my eyelid as well as a little bit beneath my eye.

I stop at Hotshot's door and knock three times before continuing. I grab the eyeliner I had hidden in my bra and begin on the wings my eyes deserve. I had to make it so sharp that I could cut a bitch who even stared at me wrong.

"Hotshot! Breakfast is ready! I know you aren't sleeping!" I shout as I pound on the door. I put the eyeliner back in my bra which was hidden by the bathrobe I was wearing and look at myself in the mirror.

"If I was a dude, I would want me," I mumbled as I turn to the bigger mirror we had on the opposite wall of Hotshot's room and look at my creation. I send myself a kiss as I begin on the mascara. Long, dark lashes, later Hotshot was still not out of the room.

I open up the door and walk in and instantly regret it. Hotshot was barely walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. His eyes widen at suddenly seeing me in his room.

"Davina?"

Just then his mystery woman appeared and at that moment his towel decided to fall. I let out a scream and look away.

"My virgin eyes! Ha! Kidding, not virgin, but my eyes! Wait, I'm lying about that. I'm sorry! I didn't look! I didn't! Breakfast is ready your pretty friend can stay also for breakfast! You know, I'll stop talking and meet you downstairs," I shouted before sprinting down the stairs and staying in the kitchen. I could hear a woman's laughter and a door slam.

I was screwed if Hotshot payed attention to the beginning of my awkward mumbling. But then again probably didn't even hear what I said and was maybe was planning on making me take off all my makeup. But, Hotshot isn't stupid. He wouldn't be a neurosurgeon if he was.

Oh well. I was screwed anyways. Both metaphorically and reality.

Looking at the time and seeing I only had an hour to get ready I pick up my pace in my makeup and begin contouring and adding some blush. By the time I finished Hotshot and his mystery woman were downstairs. Hotshot sending me daggers.