Dark:(Chapter 55)

Start from the beginning

“Let them fight it out,” he complained, breath reeking of mixed drinks.

Of course he’d want a girl fight, nothings more entertaining to a gang of lads than having females potentially rip at each other’s clothes whilst screaming in competition.

“Back off,” I spat.

His stocky frame recoiled a little when he identified me. For the past couple of years it became something of a regularity to have people cower back in my presence. Word of mouth travels fast when you beat a jumped-up prick to the floor one night.

My battling endeavour to reach Bo continued, elbowing the hindrance of bodies out of my way. Hayley had struggled to remove the hold the girl had on Bo, but apparently she didn’t need help. My girl had raised her forearm to deflect the bitchy claws that intended to damage the skin of her neck. It proved as a valuable distraction, enough for Bo to screw her right hand into a fist and make a solid impact to the girl’s middle. She’d doubled over, clutching her belly before releasing the strands of dark hair from weakened fingers.

It sickened me as the boisterous gathering seemed to strongly react, cheering in encouragement. I’d had enough of this.

“Move!”

The last few wide-eyed faces had dispersed, enough for me to witnesses the aftermath of the girl taking a sharp kick to her shin. She moved forward to take a swipe at Bo’s face, but Hayley selflessly placed herself between them, taking the hit and staggering back.

I grappled Hayley around the waist and unwillingly persuaded her to me before securing my fingers to the material of Bo’s cardigan. She desperately tried to resist my attempts to drag her to me, struggling at the strength we both exerted. Her stubborn nature was being displayed quite vividly, frustrated that she was stunted in progressing in the situation.

“Bo.”

When I got a good hold on the clothing I tugged a little harden, knocking Bo off balance for her body to lurch back towards me. The opportunity arose and I grasped at it, almost losing Hayley in the process as I wrestled Bo into my right side. It was optimistic of me.

“Get off!” She screamed.

Fingers clawed at my skin, frantic with thoughts of escape. I’d seen her fraught with emotion before, but that event had been mixed with sniffs and trickles of tears. This was different, she was angry.

“Bo, calm down.”

An arm was tightly coiled around both of the girl’s middles. It became more difficult to contain the situation as the pair were determined to shake off my hold to launch at the female opposite. I didn’t recognise the guy who had stepped in, but I presumed it was her boyfriend detaining her in a similar manner.

We were going to end up in a heap on the floor if the tug of war continued.

“Niall, I can’t hold both of them!”

He was wide eyed, unsure of what to do as the crowd he’d just emerged from continued to press. He’d never been one for confrontation, always with a smile on his face and a stupid anecdote to make the people in his presence laugh. But not tonight.

I was grateful as Tom quickly stepped in, taking Hayley from me and lessening the burden. But I had neglected my attention concerning my other reluctant hostage.

Bo’s POV

Bitch. She was still smirking at me. Uninvited bitch.

My fists clenched once again, ready to smack the smug look off her face. Hayley had gone, but I knew she was safe. I wasn’t completely certain who had taken it upon themselves to break up our scuffle, as most were more than content to watch. However, judging by the feel of the body pressed up to my back, it was a male. His right arm strong, but the restraint far from exerting his full potential.