「sugar • tanjobi omake!」

happy birthday to the definition of 'senpai', the amazing setter of Karasuno with the pretty face, silver hair, and the nicest personality, sugawara koushi! ;w; i love suga-san sm because he's such a precious bun omggg ♥

i thought it would be nice if I wrote a bonus chapter on the occasion of today! >v<Thank you so much for the nice comments, Suga-senpai and I are very happy togeth- //slapped :3

so, here it is! ♥

---

Birthdays had always meant a lot to Sugawara Koushi.

But then again, being a 17-year old who was excited about his birthday was something too childish, even for the poor boy to admit out loud.

But for his 18th birthday... He was really excited.

It was only this year that the boy was able to muster the courage to ask [Name] for her birthday.

And then, she had asked his birthday afterward.

It was his first birthday after [Name] found out when his birthday fell.

Sugawara would never, ever forget his 18th birthday.

And he would always, remember clearly how slightly depressed he was when all he received from her was well wishes, in class.

At least she remembered. The boy thinks to himself after he finishes volleyball practice.

"Daichi, Asahi, I'm heading off." He calls, and makes his exit from the locker room.

But when he hears his name being called out by her voice, the boy stops dead in his tracks.

It was [Name].

When he turns to his right, he sees that the girl is sitting on one of the stairs by the staircase.

She stands up and he sees that she has a white paper bag in hand.

"U-Um... I waited for your practice to finish so that I could give you this." The [h/c] girl stutters, handing the bag to him.

"Could you possibly have been waiting all this time just to give this to me?" Sugawara asks in wonder, accepting the bag from her.

"Y-Yeah. It would have been too embarrassing to give you it in class, or in front of your teammates..." Her voice trails off.

The boy could easily sense the light shade of pink blush that had been dusted on her face.

But then again, he didn't need a mirror to see that his own face would be the same as hers right about now.

"Happy birthday, Suga-san. I hope this can make you a little happy." The girl adds. Sugawara opens the bag under her request and sees multi-colored round objects.

Macaroons.

[Name] had bought him macaroons for his birthday presents.

And he loved macaroons.

"Thank you so much for buying this for me, [Name]-san." The boy couldn't stop the smile that began to spread on his face.

"Actually... I made them. So I don't know if they'd taste as good as they are supposed to." She says.

Sugawara couldn't hide the excitement that had begun to bubble in his tender heart.

He wanted to wrap his arms around her terribly, but he knew it wasn't appropriate.

Instead, he randomly picks up a yellow colored macaroon and takes a bite.

It wasn't a lie to say that he had tasted better macaroons in his now 18-years of life.

But this was solely made for Sugawara.

By the love of his life.

And that reason made it the best macaroon in the entire world, for him. He is at a loss for words.

"Um... I figured you would have had some cake already with your family, so that's why I made macaroons instead..."

She went on blabbering until a wide smile spreads on the face of the silver-haired setter.

In fact, he couldn't stop smiling so hard, his face literally hurt.

"You're the best, [Name]-san. These are amazing!" He says, only to make the blush on her face deepen.

"I'm glad..." She begins to fidget, then waves. "See you tomorrow, Sugawara-san!"

With that, she runs off.

Sugawara could only stare in surprise at what had just happened.

Unconsciously, he takes another look inside the bag. This time, he catches sight of a smaller box inside.

Huh? She didn't mention this...

The boy opens the smaller box and finds a black wristband. On it is written a single word, 'Karasuno!', in kanji.

There is also a small note attached to the box.

"Suga-san, fight! ^^"

"Oh, [Name]-san, you don't just make me a little bit happy. You make me the happiest guy alive." He whispers to himself.

She could make him smile anytime.

It was as if her presence itself, gave him all the support he needed in his life.

[Name] was all he needed and his everything.

---

a/n; and now we have the dreaded ending uwah i kri i really loved writing this book ;-;

anyways, i hope you guys enjoyed it, thank you sm for reading this ♥