「sugar • 01」

Silver hair.

The silver locks that you would recognize even from a mile away.

No, it wasn't because it was such an odd color.

But for an entirely different reason.

You were probably too shy to admit it out loud, how you felt about the third year classmate of yours.

You'd see him every day in school, every single day.

Walking home with him was something you dreamed of, and you can't help but sigh whenever you think of his club activities. 

You'd stay back and watch him practice, and by 5.30, you'd run home as fast as you can.

He never seems to go home earlier than that.

You'd given up waiting for him.

How can he work so hard even though he's not a regular?

The noise in the court was overwhelming. There you stood, in your favorite shirt, in front of the Karasuno sign that reads a single word, 'Fly'.

What am I doing here? You wonder.

Your eyes are not locked in the match that was taking place.

No, they were too busy gazing at the owner of the silver locks.

You can feel a smile creeping on your face when his coach allows him to join the match.

A wave of despair hits you when you remember it again.

The fact that there were only a couple months before you, along with him would graduate.

And most probably walk off on different paths.

Worst case scenario: Would never see each other again.

Such a shame, the world is. All the pure feelings go to dust.

Oh, but damn, you'd never ever regret falling for him.

No way in hell.

His refreshing personality made your heart race every time. But you would never admit that out loud, even though you were good friends with him.

Maybe it was because you were good friends with him, that you wouldn't admit it.

Out loud, at least.

How would he react, when he finds out that the friend he says good morning to every day thinks about him more than half of the day?

He gets to play for a rough 15 minutes before he's benched again. But as he ran off to join his friends, you could swear he had tears of joy in those brown eyes of his.

You would never, ever understand Sugawara Koushi.

You couldn't.

But you sure as hell wished you could.

It doesn't take long for the match to be over, and the boy gives high fives to his mates. He looked as happy as the energetic orange-head who got to play the full match. The boys walk towards where you stood and got ready to greet the people who were watching the match.

Drenched in sweat, out of breath, the joy on their face from a successful full set, their eyes were almost glowing.

The volleyball club was soaring high.

When they got up from bowing, the 17-year-old scans the number of people, and you notice his eyes land on you. His smile becomes a little wider before he runs off along with his teammates.

Oh boy, what now?

You thank the Lord that he turns away before he sees the blush creeping on your face.

Close call!

If he ever finds out, you'd bury yourself under 10 foot of concrete. Or live in a hole. That's what you always said to assure yourself.

I wonder what's on his mind. You think as they disappear from the court.

It was almost a pity.

It was almost a pity that you didn't know that it was you.

You were always in that mind of his.

---

a/n: suga-fluff drabbles set brought to you by een. c:

dedicated to my beautiful bread, misachin ♥