「sugar • 08」

Sugawara could not hide the fact that he felt like the happiest guy on Earth.

He didn't have to, anymore.

He didn't even want to.

He was feeling a type of happy that he couldn't put into words. He knew of a word that came close, but he couldn't remember which word it was.

Daichi and his other teammates teased him about it, and of course, the soft-hearted boy would always blush. Always.

But he loved it.

There were so many things he wanted to tell [Name] and he could. She was the girl of his dreams, and she was finally his.

Just the thought is enough to make the boy scream from happiness.

Oh boy, he wanted to hold her hand so bad.

And now... holding her hand would definitely be okay, wouldn't it? He wonders, closing the door to his locker.

When the 18-year-old turns around, he sees [Name] walking along the hallway.

This is my chance! The boy speeds up his walk and catches up to the girl he is dating.

"[Name]-san! Good morning." He says. His voice is full of nervousness, and even she notices this.

"Good morning." The girl replies, giving him a big smile. Suddenly, Sugawara doesn't feel so nervous anymore.

It was a wonder, [Name]. She was a wonder.

Feeling at ease, the boy walks alongside his very first girlfriend.

Of course, he had volleyball in his mind too much to date anyone earlier.

But she came along, and changed everything, for Sugawara.

Oh, how badly he wanted to hold her hand.

When the two neared the staircase, Sugawara begins to panic.

Am I gonna chicken out on it like I always do? He wonders.

No! No! I have to do it!

"Uh, [Name]-san?"

"Yes, Suga-san?" The girl looks up at him with her big [e/c] eyes, earning a gulp from the volleyball player.

"Can we... Can we hold hands?" Sugawara says with a gulp.

When she stops walking and just stares at him, the boy begins to panic.

Oh, crap, we just started dating recently, am I going ahead of myself?

"Uh, well it's-"

The boy stops, mid-sentence. He could not believe his eyes.

[Name] had held out her hand towards him.

"I... I don't mind..."

She's... I would never understand why, but she makes so... So...

Sugawara struggled with the proper word to describe how the girl made him feel. Inside his head, there is a young boy screaming out a loud 'Yes!!' and dancing around.

The two intertwine their fingers, each enjoying the way the other could not stop blushing.

It was as if the two didn't even care who saw them. They were invincible together.

And they knew that.

They knew that alright.

"Your hand feels good, [Name]-san." Sugawara blurts out.

He says it on an impulse but does not regret it one bit.

Especially when he sees the girl blushing even harder, with a bigger smile on her face.

"Suga-san. You make me so... so blissful."

Sugawara's heart races harder.

But it was not because it was her first time admitting something like that out loud.

No, it was because of that word... That word was the word!

Blissful.

That was what [Name] made Sugawara feel.

And she knew it. And felt the same way.

Oh God. I love her so much. The boy thinks to himself.

I can't wait for the right moment to let her know that.

---

a/n; i'm yodeling bYE