01

"We should leave soon"
Tina suggests, a warm smile across his glossed lips. I nod my head, deep in thought.

I fold the last shirt on the display before heading to the back room to get my belongings.

I can't help but feel nervous inside, knowing that I'll have to lock myself in my house and hold a weapon of some sort close as protection.

"You alright?"
Tina's voice makes me jump and I instantly nod my head, trying to reassure myself.

She flashes me a comforting smile before waving her hand in the air, indicating that she's leaving. I wave back and mouth goodbye, my tongue feeling numb and useless.

The sun is yet to set, the streetlights still off.

I walk down the street with speed, my eyes fixed on my feet as they battle a race between each other. All along, I tightly hold on to my bag, feeling unsafe.

Why do I already feel nervous when it hasn't even started yet?

I lick my quivering lips and I spot my apartment, literally sprinting towards it.

Just as I'm about to walk past the gate guarding the house, I feel a pair of eyes piercing holes through my body.

Once I swiftly turn around, I see a pair of worn out sneakers disappear around the corner, and I scoff as I didn't get to see the person walking in them.