That look [POV-J]

Silence passed through 221B. Nothing interesting had seemed to have happened today - Sherlock stood in the kitchen, trying out an experiment (something to do with cows' eyeballs and obscure chemicals...). I'd been reading in my chair since 9am and Mrs. Hudson had been awake for all of ten minutes to bring us tea and leave again. We were alone, retaining all words, until now.

"Um, Sherlock..."

The detective groaned from his makeshift lab. "Yes, what?"

I cleared my throat; I didn't want to hurt my friend with what I was about to say, but I knew it was extremely hard to offend Sherlock Holmes.

"Uh, we-I..." I hesitated and sighed before continuing.

"I'm going to be blunt, Sherlock. We've been friends for a very long time, so I think it's time that you knew that I...knew something..." Holmes suddenly stopped what he was doing, put down his equipment and moved slowly to his seat. Once he'd settled, I coughed, clapped my hands, smiled, laughed and shook my head - that thing I do whenever I'm nervous. He knows it's a nervous habit of mine. He grew visibly more intrigued, yet he was most likely clueless that this was the first time he'd paid full attention to me in weeks. I didn't really know how he was going to react, but I thought I caught a flicker of sensuality in Sherlock's eyes, which gave me courage to tell my 'friend' the 'secret'.

"Look, Sherlock - you can sense your homosexuality from the other side of London. I've seen it, the way you've looked at our attractive male clients. You constantly use that lo-" I froze; confusion, then disbelief.

"That look..."

Sherlock looked down at his feet, shook his head and laughed a laugh; his laugh. That laugh.

"Oh John. You really are blind. What's it like in that silly little mind of yours?" He laughed again, and stood up before I could even say a word.

"Go on then..."

We both shared the same look in our eyes now, I could tell. It was a look full of lust, desire and longing. We'd somehow denied this for God knows how long!

"Go on, John Watson. Deduce me."