Fifteen

A.N. Keeping to my promise and updating on a Sunday. Want to try and get AOU finished so I can move on to the prequel. And yes, there will be a prequel set in the Agent Carter series. You'll get to see a vulnerable Ashley and how her relationship with Howard comes about. I'm pretty excited, I don't know about you.

Until then though, here's the next chapter.

-------------------------

As I made my way back to HQ, I still worried for Nat. There was no news of where she was so that just made me more determined to find Ultron. He must have her. He would have rubbed it in our faces if he had. That being said, we don't know. And I need Natasha. She's saved me many times so it's may turn to save her, even if she doesn't really need it.

I parked my bike in the basement of HQ and immediately made my way up to the lab where Tony and Bruce would be. I walked up the steps into the lab to find Clint on top of the Cradle it whatever it was. Bruce noticed me and stood up straight.

"Any news on Nat?" He asked me, as worried as I was for her safety.

"Not yet. But I assume Ultron hasn't killed her as he will have rubbed it in our faces already. She's a tough girl." I tried to reassure Bruce. Bruce nodded shyly allowing me to turn my attention to the Cradle. "What's the story then?" I asked Clint, meaning what was going on with the Cradle.

"It's sealed tight. No way of opening it." Clint told me making me nod.

"We'e gonna need to access the program, break it down from within." Bruce explained.

"Any chance Natasha might leave you a message outside the Internet?" Tony turned to Clint. "Old school spy stuff?"

"There are some nets I can cast. Yeah, I'll find her." Clint gave me a reassuring smile before going downstairs so he can try and find anything that Nat would have left in order for us to find her.

"I can work on tissue degeneration if you could fry whatever operational system Cho implanted." Bruce ordered Tony as he pushed a few buttons.

"Yeah about that." Tony rubbed the back of his neck. I knew where this was going. He had another plan. Bruce knew it too.

"No." Bruce said firmly, like he knew what Tony was going to put foreword.

"You have to trust me." Tony tried to convince.

"Kind of don't." Bruce backed away as Tony started to walk towards Bruce. I crossed my arms waiting for them to explain to me what Tony was trying to put foreword.

"Our ally, the guy protecting the military's nuclear codes, I found him." Tony then flicked something into the space behind him and out came the outline of what looked like Jarvis' body.

"Hello Dr Banner, Miss Gomez." Jarvis' voice greeted us. I was confused. Didn't Ultron destroy Jarvis?

"Tony, you better explain to me right now what you're trying to do." I pressured, walking next to Bruce so I could see Jarvis from the front.

"Ultron didn't go after Jarvis because he was angry. He attacked him because he was scared of what he can do." Tony started to explain.

"So?" I asked, wanting more information.

"So Jarvis went underground. Scattered, dumped his memory. But not as protocols. He didn't even know he was in there until I pieced him together." Tony carried on, but Bruce scoffed.

"So you want me to help you put Jarvis into this thing?" Bruce pointed to whatever was in the Cradle. My eyes widened. How can he do that?

"No of course not. I wanna help you put Jarvis in this thing." Tony said. Bruce was almost done with him at this point. "We're out of my field, here. You know bio-organics better than anyone." Tony tried to play the 'you're so good at things like this' card, hoping to get Bruce to agree to what he wanted to do.