I stood up roughly moving the desk loudly and glared my hardest at him which surprised the whole class.

I heard murmurs around the class saying things like " her step dad is gone?.... what does that mean... man Snape is harsh... poor Ava....she better calm down before she gets in to much trouble..."

I ignored the murmurs and continued with my glaring.

" Don't you dare bring my mother into this! I'm only saying how it is! You come into class with a stick so far up your ass that you can't even function without insulting someone in some form. I'm particularly sick of it! You asked the class a question and I answered. Why ask if you don't want to be told?" I snarled at Snape.

The class instantly knew I went to far. He strolled up to me with his face centimeters from mine and he said silkily  " Another detention and 50 points from Gryffindor. And if I ever hear you criticize the way I teach a class again, you will be very sorry indeed. Do you have anything else to say?"

" No sir. None." I said just as silkily to get under his skin.

I sat down more gracefully and stared at him without looking at my classmates.

No one made a sound throughout the rest of the lesson. They sat and made notes on werewolves from the testbook. I didn't I already knew it all.

When the bell rang at last, Snape held us back.

" You will each write an essay, to be handed in to me, on the ways you recognize and kill a werewolf. I want two rolls of parchment on the subject, and I want them by Monday morning. It is time somebody took this class in hand. Wilson stay behind we have to arrange your detention."

Everyone left the class quickly wanting to get out of Snapes way. My friends gave me a sympathetic look before they too left.

Snape walked behind Lupins desk and sat down staring at me for at least 10 minutes. None of us saying a word.

Finally he shocked me by saying " Tom Riddle, your father.... he also had an attitude problem. But he knew how to handle things in a more friendly yet disturbing manner than you do."

I gaped at him. " Sir..."

" Shhh. You've said enough today. I'm talking now..... All the teachers know who you are, you know. Thats why they stared at you alot your first year. Dumbledore made us make an unbreakable vow that we wouldn't tell anybody except you. Which is why I'm here. I am keeping my promise, but I won't hold back on making your life hard if you keep misbehaving, regardless of who your father is. I won't have that sort of attitude in my class. Now for your detentions you will be cleaning the boys restrooms tonight and tomorrow night. You will scrub every toilet and sink until they are spotless. Come meet me at 7 tonight in here, and I'll give you your cleaning gear. You will start from the first floor than up."

I gagged out loud and protested " Sir! The boys bathrooms? Disgusting... I'd rather scrub bed pans without magic!"

" Exactly why I'm making you do it. You having two guy friends you must well know that boys can be very disgusting."

" But sir... I got Quidditch practice tomorrow night." I said

" Oh well, they'll do fine without you." He said indifferently.

I glared at him before stomping back to my seat and getting my stuff and leaving the room.

I walked as fast as I could to the common room entrance and said " Fortuna major." The portrait opened and I was met with cheers and claps.

" Way to go Ava! You told Snape!" Seamus yelled.

I couldn't help but smile. I put my stuff down in the corner of the room and made my way to my friends on the couch.